Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, March 5, 2012

Hey family,

As you know, it has been another week. It was a long one for sure. Honestly, for the first time in my mission I sat down under a tree and did not know what to do. I was completely out of ideas. Every single person that I even knew in the area did not want to see us. On top of it, the people that I did not know, did not want to see us. It was the first time I had a "door" slammed in my face. So I just hung my head for a minute trying to get my brains to stop frying and I decided that I just needed to pray. Wow ~ that was a good idea. It was like someone turned on the fire inside of me and I got up and told my companion "let's go and find some people". So we did and the best part is we just went looking and the first person I decided to talk to will be getting baptized on March 31st as well as the second person that I met. Talk about inspired ~ it was cool! I don't know if you know, but the crap really hit the fan these last couple of weeks. Our generator is broken, our water pump is broken, me and my comp are new in the area so we had no investigators and, man, we are in the thick of dry season. So it is not easy but the church is true. We are having problems a little with the members liking the missionaries because of our sister missionaries. I just don't know what to do with them. They are prideful and the members hate it, which doesn't help us elders much. Anyway, we will try to work it out.

So the last week was a grind and it was long and filled with contacting and teaching trying to build a new area so sorry I don't really have much to say. The missionaries here are great. We went and played some football today and that was fun. It has been a while since I have played so it was fun to get my mind off things and go and have fun. Unfortunately, I am competitive so I got a little road rash and skinned up a little but it is not bad ~ just a flesh wound.

So this last week I decided that I need to step up the exercise a notch but I swear I can't lose weight. I have been running 3 miles every day and nothing happens. I am down to 225. I swear I just can't get it to go. I did surprise myself though. My African brother and I ran 4 miles in 28 min. I was impressed. It really helps that we are at sea level though. Anyway, that's about that.

My comp is a little guy and his name is Elder Essel. He is really quiet and he is from Ghana. Like so quiet that I don't even know anything about him. I don't even know how old he is. He is kind of stubborn but I will learn to love him. It's funny because he won't tell me his age or anything about him. He says it doesn't pertain to my salvation so I don't need to know. Sometimes it drives me nuts but mission has taught me to deal with all sorts of different things. I think that the whole girlfriend thing was good. If anything I am just a better person now because I choose to grow from it. I know God won't fail me. I just need to turn to Him. I pity the people who turn away from God in their times of trouble or when they curse Him for their trials. That's the time when we most need his help, in my opinion. So thanks for the support. I am good and all is well and my luggage is much lighter too since I have a whole lot less pictures in there now haha.
Have a great week. Remember always Christ loves you God loves you and there is no alternative to happiness except to love them back and to love others as God loves you.  Love ya all.
Love Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment