Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hey family

How are you guys today? As for me, I am doing good. Not too many complaints.

Holy smoke - it is so crazy that Hintze is home. I am pretty sure that we went more than 2 years without writing a single thing to each other. Man what a crappy friend I am. That goes for all of my friends that are on missions right now. I am sorry I haven’t written you, I do have a small excuse. I am in the jungle and it is hard to write since I have no light and I can’t just walk to the mail box and send them. I would love to write people more but it is just hard. So I am sorry friends and family. I do love you guys though. Anyway, all these people that are coming home, could you please tell them hello and that I love them.

As for my week, it was filled with patience and learning. When you think that you have exercised an extreme amount of patience that is probably when you are wrong. This week we had a practice for our Easter program. It went well except I don’t understand why nobody will take you seriously during practice. During our practice, it was as if I was in primary trying to get everyone to be quiet so that we could do something. So what we did was just embarrass them so that they would practice on their own, ha-ha. We knew no one had practiced on their own so we made them sing in front of everyone. It was amazing how much better they sounded the second practice.

So this week was rough with trying to find investigators. I feel like sometimes I am just walking around trying to get anyone to talk to me. I don’t think I would do well in a stateside mission. I would get too angry when no one wanted to hear what I had to say. So we hope that the Easter program will help and we can start getting some referrals, just in time for me to come home. It amazes me how things in one area can be so busy and then the next area it is terrible. So that is the work. We struggled to have 20 lessons this week. I know that is crazy for some people but we can normally have like 25 or 30 in a week.

So we got our generator back!! Yea - that means we can charge things again and plan in the light. But the rather unfortunate thing is that something died in our well. I think it is a lizard. I really don’t think that I am meant to have good water on my mission. If it is not one thing, it’s the next. Dad you are lucky on this one because the hole on the top of the well is too small for me to fit in or otherwise I would be down there getting out the dead animal that is in there. Also the well is really deep so I don’t really want to go in there. Someone is going to have to get this problem fixed so we can take a shower (or what we consider a shower). Another one of those sacrifices we make as missionaries here in Africa.

Today was good. We got a bunch of missionaries together and members and recent converts and had a soccer game. It is so awesome when we can go have a clean match, have a prayer and see our converts become friends with the branch. Also, we got a referral today in an area where we need investigators so I know that things are starting to pick up. Sorry if I am too negative all the time, I don’t try to be!! Also, another thing that made the match great was we won! Today was good and things are getting better. I don’t have much else to say. We have this guy his name is Chris and we just baptized him. He is so good and he is also very good at soccer. He won the golden boot. He is practically a national player but he wants to go on mission rather than go and play now. Another thing that I love about this guy is that he really respects his mom. That is something that is big for me.

I am grateful to be here and to serve. I love you guys have a great week.

Love Elder Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment