Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, October 3, 2011

New Shoes!

Hello family,

Well I am still here and I am trudging along. Things here are going good and the work is going. Something I have been asking myself this week is "am I being a blessing or a burden?" That is a good question that we can all ask ourselves. Am I blessing others or am I being a being a burden to others.

This week I got another load heaped on me. I was told that I need to do another devotional because the last one was such a success. So I need an idea for a fireside!! Man I already have lots on my shoulders and now they want me to do another thing. These things are starting to kick my butt, especially to do all these things by myself. But I've learned, "that doesn't kill you will make you stronger".

This week we had some new and interesting things happen. I have learned that the Muslim people really are oblivious to the things that are going on around them. To make a long story short, I got into an argument with two of them and it lasted for about thirty minutes. I finally told them to leave. Well about 5 minutes later, one of them came back and looked me in the eye and said "you are right. I don't have a testimony for myself. I have been following in the footsteps of other people and I have been wrong." Then he asked how he can become a member of this church. That is exactly what every missionary wants to hear! So I have been working on doing things with as much exactness as I can and it has been working. The problem is that I am getting more investigators than I can handle. I know, sad story isn't it. But the thing is that it is starting to stress me a little. But I guess that is a problem that missionaries want so I shouldn't complain.

So this week there was this guy, who is our neighbor and he was beating his children and as you guys know, I hate that like nothing else, so I decided that I needed to stop that from happening. I chastised him with some scriptures and I told him that it is better that he tie a millstone around his neck and jump into the sea than to suffer God's little children. I was mad. I hate that type of thing and it should never happen.

So I don't have much to talk about this week. I am just so tired. I did get my shoes - thank you - they are great. If I can get out of these mountains I might be able to I make my shoes last but if not, we burn through them pretty quick. I don't think people understand when I say mountain climbing, I mean like there are times you are on all fours going up and rock climbing. It is all part of my mission experience. Anyways all is ok here. Love you guys.

Love Elder Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment