Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, September 26, 2011

Elder Moss & Elder Osifo

Hello Family,
 
How is the other side of heaven? Things over here are going good. We are staying super busy and working our tails off. Mission work is very interesting.   The best way that I can explain is like a parent and a child.   Think of how you would be if your child was sick.   What is the first thing that you would want to do.  Obviously, you want to get them help.  You feel sorrow because you love them. Well are you going to let them go to any ol person to help them out? Obviously not. You want the best, most obedient, well trained person to take care of your child. That is the same as missionary work.  If you are not obedient, if you are not the best person that you can be, why would Heavenly Father trust you with one of his precious children. What would you do if you were in His shoes. Think about it. The rules and guidelines are there for a reason and yes, sometimes it sucks but with obedience comes blessings. We are not able to see the eternal realm of things but we can have faith that are leaders do!!  So I guess this is a note to all my missionary friends.  If you are struggling, make sure that you check yourself first  before you blame others.  Not saying that everyone who struggles is disobedient but we can always be better.
 
So I don't have much to say.  We had a big baptism this week. Six people and the Neves brought another 5. I was kind of sad because one person was missing. Anyway, we figured something was going on and we would see her and the fam on Sunday. But no, they were missing.  I didn't know what was up except that I felt like I needed to go to their house and visit them.  So we went and visited and they said that they had the problem resolved.  They gave me some story that I felt was bogus.  Something about how they had confusion because of a phone. So I guess what needed to happen was some heavenly inspired questions.  I said a prayer and I was prompted to just talk about dad.  So the story is that I baptized the husband and now the wife is getting baptized.  The husband has the priesthood so I wanted him to baptize her.  So I told the story about dad baptizing mom and how happy and honored and proud to say that about my dad.  I told them how grateful I am to be able to say that my dad baptized my whole family.  I told her that is the why he needs to baptize her, not me. Turns out that was the whole dispute.  She didn't think that he was ready to baptize her because he was brand new in the church and that is why he wanted me to baptize her.  But now, because of the story I told, she is all gung ho to be baptized again.  So thank you for that dad and mom.

Church was good.  It's crazy to see how the rain can disturb the members so much.  It's not easy to come to church when it is raining,
 
So I finally got the package (don't know how it happened, but I am glad).  It is so sweet I love you mom and dad and Rissa.  The camelback is awesome.  Ahh, I tell you, it sure makes hiking the hills better.   Everything else in the package is great too. The sweets are a nice piece of heaven.   Thanks for the cookie mixes too.  I am scared to use our oven again because the last time the whole thing caught on fire and yes, I mean the whole back was on fire.   I was running so fast to get to the propane tank to turn it off and unplug it before it sucked in the tank and KABOOM!!!!  Don't worry.  It didn't explode and I am alive still but I am scared to try the oven again any time soon haha.
 
Me and my companion are doing good. My new desire is just to try to create a Zion celestial home. To make the best with what I have.  I want to implement everything that I want to do at home and it is working.  From prayers to cleaning.  To the words we say and the actions to others. Now is the time to establish how I want my future family to be. What better place to learn than here.  I want to become the best husband and father for that one beautiful daughter of God.   I love all you all so much.  Godspeed.
 
Love Elder Moss

 

No comments:

Post a Comment