Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, October 24, 2011

FW: Pink Eye, Typhoid, Lost the Phone ~ All in All, a good week!

 
Hello family,

In light of the new found email and pink eye and probably typhoid a high temp and oh ya I lost the phone (guess who pays for that) I decided that I would like to share some scriptures. I had others to say, but this will be nice. These are some examples to me: John 9, 11:1-46; Acts 3; 1-10, 9: 36-42; 1 Nephi 3-4, 7;16-21; Enos 1;1-19; Mosiah 24: 8-25 , 27; 8-37; Alma 15 1-12, 56-57; Helaman 5; 14-52; 3 Nephi 7: 15-20; Ether 3; Moses 1;12-25.  Anyway, I am tired of writing scriptures and they are starting to get mixed in my head since I am writing down so many off the cuff but  I have more like Romans 2; 13-16; Hebrewss 5; 5-10; James 1;22-25.   Anyway, if you start reading these you are going to see a reoccuring theme,  which is faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for which you cannot see. It is apparent to me that my time has come to lay it over to the Lord. To put my faith in Him and to know that through Him I can be saved and all will be well. As I think about what the words mean "keep the faith", it gives me a burning feeling inside to know that the Lord is there for me. That I can hope for something - that I can ask for help. As everyone knows, I have the attitude that I am the person that can do it. Let me do it, I am ok you don't need to help me. I don't need help. But I guess that can catch up with you in the long run. Everyone needs help; everyone needs faith. So  I remember something else that everyone says.  Keep your nose buried in the work and when you go home all will be well. Tomorrow is another day.  Let the rain come.  I don't care, nothing can stop me. Satan cannot defeat me. Although my week was rough - my eyes where literally bleeding, my body was paining, I couldn't find a better thing to do than pray. It's a free long distance phone call that always has a familiar, caring  voice at the other end.  Who would not want to make the call. Let us all have faith.

The week was good besides the eyes bleeding, my body hurting and the loss of the phone. Oh and the email thing. Haha, it was kind of a brutal start. I have a picture (with the pink eye), I don't know if I should send it ~ I look dead ~ I am sure you will love it, it's me.

We actually did not have a baptism to do yesterday so it was almost relaxing (I did help with another baptism).  We taught some good families and I am excited for this new family that we contacted.  They are about my age, 22, and they have a little boy. Man, I love to see their faces light up as we proclaim the true gospel to them. They prayed and they know its true. Now we have a bigger problem.  The father.  He is the head of a 30 branch protestant church here in Sierra Leone…. Nothing I can't handle…. Well that's if I use my best friend, the Holy Ghost.  I can't do anything without Him.

So we have lots of work to do. As you know I am still here but I bet you would never guess who I am getting in the apartment.  Two Americans are coming and one of them is Saxton.  We will enjoy!  Things are good here, nothing  really worth complaining about. I am glad you liked the videos and pictures I sent.  I love you guys so much.  Have a great week.

Love Elder Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment