Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, September 12, 2011



 Hello family,

 How are things going for you guys? I guess that dad says that work is slowing down? I really hope that it starts to pick up. It is never a good feeling to have work be slow. So, mom, you had a very busy week it sounds. Thanks for going and supporting friends my friends with their weddings.  Most especially, Shawn.  I hope that he is happy.
 
How was the weekend?  Mine was good and full of a whole lot of stuff. I want to be completely honest, this week was a grind.  But I made it through just fine. The work has really been busy. Something that was on my agenda was to put on a fireside.  Ok, not a fireside, it was more of a devotional. Man I had my hands full especially since I did most of it myself.  We had a few talks and watched the movie "the restoration". Man, that movie gives me the chils when I watch it.   It is very powerful. Then I talked.  I was going to talk on the Book of Mormon but I was guided by the spirit to not talk on that but to talk on the spirit.  So I had to change everything I had planned and then we watched "the Testaments".  Wow, what a turn out we had!  Over 130 people there. I was amazed that a couple of missionaries could gather so many people. We almost exploded our chapel, we had so many people.  It is so fun to sit in the font and conduct this thing and to see all these faces happy and ready to learn.
 
So now I am teaching a Book of Mormon class every week as well as a mission prep class on top of all the other things we missionaries do so I don't have much more to say about anything.   I am just not feeling up to writing today. Water issue is sucky.   We have been fetching water in the rain, so that we can do what we need to.  It doesn't to any good to complain so I'll grow up and get over it. I have to haul water and pump it by hand just to drink.  Sorry this is kind of lame.  I just don't have much to say.

So these last few days I have been counting my blessings like family and Riss.  I'm not too excited about this transfer.  I will be training a new Elder, Elder Osefu and I am the only American in the apartment again. Hello weight training.

So some Africans were looking my old pics from home and they thought I was not even in the picture. You might not recognize me when I get home.
 
Well that's it for me.  No package yet -  post office is on strike!  I love you.  Have a great week.
 
Love, Elder Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment