Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, June 6, 2011



Dear Family,

How are things going over there? I bet that it is starting to get real hot. On one hand I feel bad but on the other I really don't, haha. So the week was nice and fast and long at the same time. I really am getting tired of the people giving me the shaft. Man, it is terrible. We had a baptism planned and this guy, his name is Jones, he has never missed church since he has been coming and I have been teaching him for a good 2 months now. The sad part is that I totally had his baptism planned for an earlier day and he said no he wanted to wait till June. I had a bad feeling about it. Satan loves to delay people. Yup, you guessed it, he missed his baptism. Man, after church we went to his place and he is lucky for a couple of reasons. One, he wasn't there and two, I was too hungry and thirsty from fasting to beat the tar out of him. Man people can chap my hide sometimes. So many people will look me in the eyes and promise me they will come to church and then they don't come. Oh well. I am so blessed to be here. Mission work is sweet. So that same day, we were lead to this lady and she was standing upstairs on a balcony and we were just bantering back and forth. Needless to say, I committed her to join our church. I really think that she will come too. I have that spirit of discernment, you know. This new curriculum that we are doing is sweet. It really breaks things down and gets to the point and it really forces us to rely on the spirit. So one of the things that we have been doing over here, at least in Liberia, is to fill out a record immediately after they accept the date. Man they really love that. People eat that up. It is like, at that moment, you can feel that that record we are filling out here on this earth is being filled out in Heaven. Man i love the priesthood. So Elder Taylor gave me a compliment. He said that I was one of the cleanest people in the mission. I thought that was cool. I really like to carry my load.

So I decided to do some service because I saw some people struggling to pump water. I decided to help. Man, I think that was a bad idea. The pump is hard to use so the kids thought a man helping to pump would be great. I pumped like a thousand gallons of water cause every kid and their dog came running to get water from a white man.

So the rain is officially here again. Holy smokes, I forgot what REAL RAIN is. Man you have no idea. When you get caught in a storm here, the amount of wetness is no different than if we went swimming. I guess it is better to be wet from rain than to be wet from sweat. So I will take what i can get . They asked if we wanted raincoats. No, I prefer the cool weather!! I don't have any other breathtaking story this week. I am really getting tired of this whiteman having money thing. I am broke, even the bike people tried to make a pact against us and charge us more. You can't do that to me. I will walk. Suckers, a little money is better than no money. They will learn.

So our propane ran out again. Guess who got nominated to carry the gazzilion pound tank to get filled - ya - you're right - it was me. Anyway, one more year and I won't do it again. Man, my english is terrible, sorry. So I can't wait to send some pics home. You guys are going to die when you see this nasty dead fish hanging out of my mouth. Once again, you take what you can get. So my comp, he is good but the over eager bluffing attitude is driving me up the wall. We have an amazing day and he has to blab it. I like to keep it to myself. I really do have good days, I just don't want to always talk myself up, you know?

I love you guys so much and thanks for your support. I miss you and I really miss power and water! Keep the faith!

Love, Elder Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment