Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, May 30, 2011

Dan Jones, Me???



Hey family,


Things here are going great. As many missionaries would say miracles are happening just right in front of my face. Lots of things happened this last week and to be honest I am kind of drained. Lots of pressure was put on me to do things but I got it done with lots of prayer and action. Action is the only way that you can accomplish a task. This week I had the opportunity to be Dan Jones. I started to teach a lesson and it got more and more powerful and as I was teaching, bearing testimony, I found myself standing and speaking with a loud and firm voice of faith so that all could hear. The crowd that grew was so big I can't even believe that the people were listening to me. When I got done with the lesson, we had so many people that we actually had to stand during the prayer. While these 20- 30 people knelt in prayer what a sight it was to see. Man I couldn't get the smile off of my face. My comp looks to me and tells me" man you looked like dan jones out there." We just laughed. Later in the week we had some more lessons and I think that we committed some 10 people to baptism. Something that I really like is that when you start to fill their record as soon as they accept a date. It gets them really excited to keep going. This week we had zone conference, talk about the spirit chastising me for not being a better missionary and being more perfected. Something that I learned is that I need to stop just praying for the changes to happen in my life but I need to make them happen by just doing the Lord's work. I forgot to tell you that we had 850 people at church - holy cow, that is a ton, but sweet at the same time.


To be honest with you I don't have much more to say. The generator is not working great and I don't know what to do. If you could send me a leatherman that would be so great. I would use that like crazy! Please, I know they are alot but it would be nice to fix things. Pliers and screwdrivers on it are nice. And the knife is too. Thanks! Love you guys!


love, Elder Kev




No comments:

Post a Comment