Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, June 20, 2011

TRANSFERRED!!!




Hey family,

How was your week this week? I hope that all is well with you at home. So this week we do have some changes. For one the district is changing. But I will save that for later. I think I need to do some business first, haha. I know I ask so much of you guys but I need to ask another favor. Because the lack of power and light I have been using my headlight a lot so I really need like a bopat load of aaa batteries. I also need some socks preferably Nike sports socks, they hold up the best, just don't send dress socks they really are terrible and I wear boots everyday. Also I would like a tide to go pen at if all possible. You know we have a standard to up hold with looking good I can't have these spots.

So this week we had some baptisms. Just 3. I felt kind of bad because 3 did not show up because they said that they are sick. Man I just don't understand sometimes. They don't fully comprehend the magnitude of the decision that they are making. But they will. Someday. Other than that it was a pretty good baptism. We are getting really good at doing them. We do them every week almost. I discovered that the Lord has over 50 conversions now with us. I guess that's really awesome, at least I thought so.

So this week we had a good program. It was about the Book of Mormon. I thought it was so good. We sang and Elder Lambson sang a solo. Holy smokes, talk about amazing. He takes your breathe away when he sings, he is so good at it. One day I wish to be good at singing. So I need to really practice if I want to steal the hearts of many with my voice when I return. Haha. Yeah right, that would never happen.

So funny story, I don't know why Africans think that I am weak but I am not. He wanted to wrestle me. So I said no.. only if he and Elder Tims wrestle. Well he did it and to make a long story short, I made both of them tap out. Yes both of them and they wrestled me at the same time. The sad thing is he was a wrestler in high school. I have been working out every day so I can be ripped. It just isn't really working. Oh ya so I found a scale and I weighed 224. I know, I am still fat but I know the six pack will come with time. Just don't worry, I will get it. Especially with the new transfer. I am going to Freetown. I am pretty excited but I have come to realize that I have lots of junk. Man I have been doing food storage for so long now and turns out we have to eat it before I go cause I don't have enough room :( Sad day! But I am going to Elder Rochester. I think it will be good. I will see if I can whip him into my shape,Haha. No, I am looking forward to rolling my one year. I am an old man now!

Well I don't have much else to say. Oh ya, today we had a nice cake that I made it for Elder Taylors b-day. It was good and I had candles because my b-day package came about 2 months after my bday so… he enjoyed. Happy Father's day and birthdays to all. I love you all so much. Have a good week.

Love Elder Kev

Oh ya my branch is Kissy 2 - keep up the good!





No comments:

Post a Comment