Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, June 13, 2011

Just Call Me a Pack Mule

Dear Family,

The week was really good.  I guess you could say I am pretty ready to leave this area though. I am getting tired of people just giving me the short end of the stick. So many lessons we have in the week. So many times we have the spirit reveal  answers to our awaited prayers. And so quickly we all forget the reason we were asking Heavenly Father for help. How can people pray and ask God for help and then not want to put in a little effort. You can't plant a garden without first preparing the ground.  What don't people understand about the concept that you reap what you sow.  I don't want to complain too much but I just get frustrated with people sometimes.  I feel like, if your not going to do what we ask, then don't waste our time by lying to us.

 

So a little recap on the last week.  You know I had to carry the propane tank back so we were kind of late.  This tank is like 100 lbs, really heavy.  So we had to travel a ways to get back to the apartment.  So in my infinite wisdom, I thought it would be safe to ride a bike.  Not just alone but with Elder Tims and the driver through the crazy traffic.  Holy smokes!  My abb was strained.  I had that tank on my back - stop, start.  Stop, start.  Man, people were impressed.  To be honest, I was impressed too cause I carried this thing for like 30 min on bike.  Then we got to my wheelbarrow lady (well that's what I call her - she sells bread and plantains to me every blessed day) and I got my dinner from her. Then we had to go again farther to our apartment. And this time it is only about 2 miles or less from the junction.  Normally, we take a bike but we had to get a 5 gallon tank of gas for our generator.  Once we got about ¾ mile down the road, we got the gas.  So picture - this a huge tank on my shoulder (about 3 times as big as the bbq one ) and then, cause my comp was feeling sick, I carried the gas too !!  Man, I looked like a mule or an ox or something.  All I know is that when I got home, I was pretty exhausted.   I decided to then read my letters which lifted my spirits.

 

We went out in the week and had some good lessons. I really am happy with this guy, his name is Stanford.  He asks awesome questions and you can really feel the spirit when you are teaching the man.  I am hoping that he will keep going towards the light.  I hope that we can get him and his huge family that would be so awesome.  Another pretty amazing thing that happened this week is while we were looking through the bush for some peeps to teach, we came across this wicked old lady and when I say old I mean really old.   I mean SHE MET HITLER!!! Man I didn't know Liberians could reach such an age. I am pretty sure that my life expectancy is like 40 years old now that I have lived here.  Ha ha, no I am just kidding, but it was cool to hear some stories about that from this old lady. She is muslim but….. we will get her through her children.

 

I told you that it was a bad Idea to draw water for people, well I am going to stick with that opinion. When you help people they totally take advantage of you. But it's ok cause I love to help the people here.  I love them.  So I have a pretty sweet pics that should be coming soon.

 

The rain has been beating the tar out of us these last few weeks.  It is like we go swimming.  I have found myself wearing the sweet tie my beautiful girl gave me cause the rain doesn't ruin it. . . As for power, well we don't have it and for water about the same.  So that means that my headlight is coming in handy. Which also means I am using batteries. Which means I would like some aaa batteries, if you wouldn't mind. The ones the sell here are so crappy. They barely work.

 

So this coming week is transfer news. I would be pretty happy to go. I would love to meet back up with Elder Jenkins. I miss that man. He really is a good friend. And he would make my mission life easier. But in all honesty, it is going fast. I met a American family this week. Man I tell you it was so sweet. They are members. I love American spirit. I forgot what it was like to have a grown up conversation. This week I was thinking a lot about the atonement. I love the atonement. Christ really loves us. I was thinking about how much God loves us. People think that we just suffer and God doesn't care. But something I know is these people are crazy. If they don't think that God is sitting up there wincing in pain because he is watching his children suffer they are wrong. Go loves us so much. He loves us so much he would allow us to suffer to gain for the greater good. I hope all is well at home with the family. Things here are still truckin' along. We have enough water to drink and enough power from our generator to plan but that's about it. Don't worry about me. Just keep doing what's right and never forget to pray and help those around you.

 

Much love from Africa.   Love,  Elder Moss

 

 

When ever you think life is hard!!!  Just remember me :P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment