Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, May 23, 2011

I LOVE THIS WORK!!


Dear family,
How was your week? Mine was great, as usual. I hope that all is going well with the family.  I also hope that your water wasn't out for too long when the Wyatts got their water fixed.  I wouldn't want you guys to suffer or anything with no water ~ haha.   I am just kidding.   It really does suck when you don't have water.
 
Things over here in Liberia are going good. I guess it has been made obvious to you that I am not good at sharing experiences with you.  So today I would like to share just a few of the miracles I have experienced in the little while that I have been here serving. It is a miracle that God would allow me to be an instrument in his hands each and every day.  That he would allow a simple soul like mine to go out and say the very things that He, Himself would say if he were administering to the same people that I do every day.  It is a miracle that he would allow me to go and labor in His vineyard where the people are so ripe and prepared. It is amazing that he would give us churches and temples and even shacks that we can go and worship. It is a miracle that He can give us the strength to wake up everyday to be able to eat hardly anything, to go out with sore feet and tired minds.  We do it because we love the people. It is a miracle that Christ could love us so much that he would come and suffer for each and everyone of us, no matter if we listen to his word or not.   He did it for us. The list goes on and on but what I am driving at is it is so amazing to me that we can be so blessed and we don't even know it. Just a couple of days ago I had the opportunity to stand in front of a group of recent converts. And president asked me to name off some of the people I knew and taught. As I looked around I got a big smile on my face as I started to say names and as I got to see the smiles on each of their faces as I said their names.  I bore my testimony to them and told them that I love them that I am happy to give all of my belongings to come and bring them the gospel.  There was close to 20 people there in that class that I had taught and I could really feel the spririt and the fruits of our labors. The people here are ready. And I am ready to help them. Just yesterday, it was funny, a man walks up to us and well, the story is we were late because we were waiting for this lady to come meet us at the junction because we had to get home because of our curfew. And this guy comes up to us and starts talking. Come to find out that he has been inactive for over 10 years. To make a long story short, right there I called him to repentance and invited him back. It is funny how the Lord can delay us so that we can meet certain people. Anyway, another miracle that happened after that was that Elder Tims, he totally saved our rice on a bike ride.  Well, it was team work. The rice was in a basket.  Anyway, it tipped over and Elder Tims saved it while we were barreling down the dirt road, 3 people on this bike!!  Needless to say, the rice was saved.
 
So our living… its good the same. Our generator is out of commission and our water comes here and there but we are doing great.  Nothing last forever. Haha, except marriage and the blessings of the temple. I heard Elder Kimball and Sister Kimball bear testimony and man, they are giants.  I love them so much. Truly amazing people.  Something I like that he said was find out what the Lord wants you to do and do it. I like what President Roggia said too.  The work that we do in temples helps people and those people will be our angels in this life. And when we are in the darkest times in our life, we will be looking for that help. The more people we help, the better off we are.  This gospel is great.  Me and Elder Tims are doing great.  Working super hard. These people are ready. I love you guys.
 
Love, Elder Moss



No comments:

Post a Comment