Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, September 27, 2010

Forty Six and Counting . . .

Hello fam ~I am doing just fine. Another week down, who knows how many to go! The work has been going great. We counted yesterday and we have 46 investigators. I guess you could say that we are doing ok. So I am thinking that Elder Lowe is going to be transferred. He has been in the area for 6 months now. Holy smokes ~ it seems like I have been here for an eternity and I have only been on mission for 3 months. We have been teaching a lot of families lately. It is awesome until all the kiddies get out of control and then we have to settle them down but other that that I really love it. I am going to get into my whites this week for the first time since the temple. I don't think my pants are going to fit anymore but we will see what happens. I am pretty excited. He is a young boy named Ezekial and he said he wanted me to baptize him. I was kinda surprised cause everyone wants Elder Lowe to do it. I am excited for the Bens family. It seems like they are on fire plus they have a kid named after me so I guess that's pretty cool.

So this cool/really kinda scary thing happened to me this week. It was in the middle of the day and a guy pulls over and offers us a ride so we say ok. Something seemed kinda crazy about this guy but any way, to make a long story short, this guy was crap drunk and he pulls out a beer and starts to drink while he is driving. So you have to understand the traffic here it is nuts. I am told like twice as bad as NY sometimes cause there are no laws about drinking and driving! Scary!

Thank you I got the package. That is the way to go, vacuum sealing everything tight. Thanks. So I wrote a ton of letters. It will probably be like three weeks until you get those but we will see. Also I need to tell you thanks for the pics. I looooooveee pictures. I love to show off the family. I can't even begin to tell you how fun it is.

So, hmmm . . . Oh my gosh, I found a machine shop its awesome. It was crappy but I sent some picures. My package to you might come this week, we will. Oh Elder Lowe is sending pictures as well, so ask his mom. Also I have been training people in our area a lot, maybe they are preparing me to lead, I don't know but we will see what happens. I hope they give me more responsibility. I think I work better that way. Oh ya, my goal to live on $5 ha haha super easy.

Something I have been learning about is honesty and we talked about it in our new branch (which I am going to make a good branch if it kills me). I I think it is so important that we are honest and never lead any one on or omit or anything. Mom I know you love me and that's why you worry, its ok. Just don't worry too much because when you worry, I worry cause I love you more than you know. I have been writing more personal letters to you and dad now and I will keep on writing them. Hmmm I don't know what else to really talk about. Sorry this letter has about zero structure.

Something President Roggia said, that I really liked, was about missionaries feeling alone and being tried so they can grow. Hmm I hate to be alone and it's so true that sometimes I feel alone but I just get down on my knees and pray. I know that I always have the Lord there for me.

So I am about out of things to say. REMEMBER YOU CAN'T SEND TOO MANY LETTERS. Love ya guys!


Love Elda Mooooos (they call me that all the time)
alias Elder Kevin Moss


Ps Whats up with Caden ~ tell him be glad he's not in Africa haha, I am the doctor here!!!! jk


No comments:

Post a Comment