Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, September 13, 2010

Another week in Liberia

Hello Family,

Hope sarah had a great b-day, also happy grandparents day yesterday.  I forgot to say that last week. Sarah, so what did you get?  Did Riss give
you a hug for me?  So I actually have not sent a package yet.  Through fed ex it is $95 (ha-ya right like I can afford that!) So I think I will try through the postal service.  Speaking of which, everyone can handwrite that way and send pics too please.  I am super stoked for your package you sent me though. I am getting a letter from Riss' dad? Uh oh -  ha.   There are a few things that I need slash would like, if you don't mind.   I need shaving crème and I need some after shave.  So wahoo, shopping trip.  Maybe mom and Riss can find me some yummy smelling kind. Also I need a pen pencil set that I can carry.  Believe it or not,  you cant find pencils here. And maybe some AA batteries.

So the work has been going pretty good.  The scriptures that dad sends me, every time it seems, that they are perfect for what I need. So it seems that we teach so much on families here and the importance of eternal marriage. It is so crazy because that is what I love the most. I decided to totally change this lesson around and I decided to make a priority list with this guy Thomas. He made his and I made mine.  His list was crazy so I told him some things and gave him my list.  I put just a few things on mine.  God and families and then I gave him a few scriptures from Nephi like my favorite one that talks about defending your families. That is so important. Also, when I was on splits, I was prompted to share yours, Mom, and Riss' testimonies.  Wow, the spirit took over that lesson! All I know is that me and him were both in tears by the end of the lesson. How great it is to be able to have eternal families.
 
Oh my goodness I almost busted a cap on this lady. It is a handicapped community and they were punishing the nicest little handicapped boy.  I walked up and he is crying on the ground.   They took his wheelchair.  Oh my, I was ticked.   I went up and helped this boy and I said I swear if this boy doesn't get his wheelchair back asap I will bring a world of hurt to the person that took it. (Not very missionary like, I know).  They listened.   I said this better not happen again. How can they punish him?   How can he do wrong?   His spirit is the most pure out of all of them.   It bugged me.
 
Ben's fam is great, getting ready for baptism. Oh our branch is splitting.  Hope I don't have to be branch pres or anything, ha, ya right!  It would never happen but we were told our names are on the list so I guess I am not doing too bad.  We just need to stay in tune with the spirit and mission work is easy. It's all about family, everyone remember that. Keep doing family prayer. The spirit there is amazing and  it brings everyone so close together.

So thank you everyone for all that you do for me and the prayers the and letters and everything.  I love all of you so so very much.  I could not do
this with out you.  I love you guys.

Love Elder Moss


 

No comments:

Post a Comment