Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, September 20, 2010

An African Moss?

Hey family,

So my week has been alright. Mom don't worry about me!!!!!! A mission is hard but I'm tough and pushing through. I hear through the grapevine that you are really worried about me. Don't be I will live. I just hope you recognize me and hug me when I get off that plane. You might not be able to find me in that suit. I am going to try to just live on 5 dollars the whole week I think, just for fun ha. I have done about $7 pretty dang easy. All you have to do is eat like a piece of bread a day.

Before I forget, Happy 25th Anniversary! I love you guys and because of you I am here today and I never let people forget that. Today I sent off a package to Riss via Liberia mail. It has a shirt in it and my memory card. I hope all goes well with that. I got the newsletter this week it was great. I loved it I should get the package this week. This crazy thing happened. I got a random letter from Mitch Tenny. I haven't talked to him in forever but it was cool to get a letter from Brazil.

So Pres Roggia is here. So our branch got split this week. I was really nervous because I was told that our names were on the list for branch pres and that is one of the last things I would want to be responsible for. Luckily, I get to be just a missionary. But we have a lot of work and I want this branch pres to start doing things the right way.

So someone must trust me high up because for this weekend I got to be the senior companion with Elder Taylor. All went well. We did good and, hopefully, I taught him a lot. It is just crazy cause no one ever trains this early in their mish and I will have him tomorrow too. I very much like training.

Sometimes Elder Lowe doesn't like to teach families much because they can get crazy but I think that is my purpose in coming here. A quote from sacrament meeting from pres was that families take priorities over all responsibilities in the church and every thing!!

Thanks again for the package. I love those mints and those nuts mmm. They are delicious!

So I held my first chimp oh and a sea turtle. So I guess that was pretty cool.

We will now be kneeling at every prayer in the lessons. If you don't know, there is dirt and muddy poop everywhere, so that should be fun. I will tell you something. It is funny to see two white guys in the middle of town with millions of people around, dressed nice, kneeling and praying on the muddy dirty sidewalk. Picture that. Well lessons are great. Still teaching all the time and teaching the bens family I love them.

GUESS WHAT?? So I thought it would be fun to get people to name their kids after me or at least try so I did I and now I have two babies named Moss and another baby girl named Riss. I tried to get them to use Sherissa but that was too hard for them to say. So forever will Riss and Moss be in Africa!!

Well I think we are giving up on the lady that killed someone because she is burning up too much time and keeps bouncing interviews. We will see what happens.

I love all you guys so much. Keep staying strong. Soon you will have pics from me. Did you get the scripture case?

From Africa ~ Love Elder Moss

love ya


No comments:

Post a Comment