Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, October 4, 2010

A Temple President, ME????

Hey Fam!!!

I got the letter and the one with pictures of Riss and B and the fam. Thank you guys so much! I love you guys tons and you help me loads. So this week, for me, was so very long. I went on exchanges with Elder Collier, he is from Sierra Leone and he was sick with malaria so guess what I got to do all day? Ya, you guessed it, Absolutely nothing. I think I wrote 30 some odd pages in a letter home so that should be fun to get. Also I got to clean and fix things in the nasty apartment so I wouldn't sit and rip all my hair out of my head! After the exchange it was probably the hottest day of my life. This truly is the armpit of the world. I was sweating so bad that I had to wring my shirt out. You could see the water running down my body on the outside of my shirt. Holy cow, it was hot! Other than that not much has happened. I got to go on exchanges with my boy, my favorite missionary, Elder Jenkins. Oh he is awesome! Oh and today was nice. I played soccer. And we have officially established that I am the strongest missionary in our mission.

So the highlight of my week was definitely Saturday. I had my first day in my whites. So I finally fixed them and now the waist is way too big so I don't know what I should do. Man people here are so scared of water, it is nuts. I don't understand how they can be afraid when there is so much water around here.

I am so bummed, I forgot to tell you to take notes on general conference for me. We actually don't get to watch general conference so my day was just a normal day. I am getting tired of giving lessons on Sunday. There never is a warning, just as we walk into class they are like hey can you teach. Actually its more like hey your are teaching. So I don't think I told you this but one time when we were at the church this random person comes up to me and I am like "hello, how are you?" And she is like "I am good, how are you?". Then she goes "I don't really know you but (she
pulls out a picture of the St George temple) and says "I don't know if you know this temple but you are going to be the president of it someday". I said, "oh ya, and how do you know that? She said, "I just know so I thought I would tell you." I asked her if she knew where that temple was and she said no. I told her that it was the St. George Temple in Utah. I asked her if she knew where I was from and she said no. I told her that is where I am from and she started to cry!! Wow, I thought to myself, maybe I will be, maybe I won't, but I thought it was cool that someone that I had never met before would tell me that.

So the branch presidency decided that we, as missionaries, will be in charge of a Sunday at church! Ya all of it. Conduct, preside the whole shabang. We were like, I don't think we can do that so I hope that they change their minds or we are not allowed cause we really don't need to do that. Oh ya, so my baptism was the first for me and the first one for the new branch so I will forever be remembered haha.

So a thing that has been happening lately is that people are robbing people with machetes. I don't know if that's how you spell it but, ya, people are not very nice. No one will ever try to rob me because I will rock their world.

So I am stoked for the newsletter I love to see how everyone is. Just get Caden in there too. He is one of the boys. I love him don't leave him out. Tell him I wish I could email him but one of our thousands of rules states that we can't email friends. Uh I hate it so much. It's like isn't it hard enough that we cant even talk or see them but now we cant even email them.

So we are overloaded with investigators, seriously we have 38 people with baptismal dates and 46 investigators. We are prioritizing, as sad as that is, we are doing our best. So I am going to Paynesville on another exchange. It should be fun. Elder Jenkins will be there.

Well that's about it for me. Mom, Dad, everyone, I love you keep the faith. I love you guys so much!

Love, Elder Moss

1 comment:

  1. Wo...that one gave me chills. Just got a special tour of the temple the other night by one of the presidency (Nick's great-uncle) and so I'm thinkin' that's pretty special. Great job with teaching and...very different than Russia. Watch out for those machetes...they are dang sharp, brother! :)

    ReplyDelete