Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, August 23, 2010

Visit from a General Authority


My mind is all messed up today so I am sorry. My day has not been so good. The first guy I taught to baptism died this morning L Stupid malaria!! I was so sad I didn't even know what to do. My mind was a wreck. I was the last person to give him a blessing and I feel like I wasn't good enough or something. I know that through his faith and love that he has for the Lord that he will have the faith to continue the work he started in the next life!


President Cardon from the 70 came. Wow! How amazing. Except I was freaking out when I was going to have to teach a general authority in the gospel doctrine class. Worst nightmare. He gave an awesome lesson in Elders Quorum. It was so exciting to be able to learn in church again instead of always teach. That man is a very powerful teacher. But I will talk about that in a little bit.


So favorite song in the world or hymnbook is a Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. Sorry I didn't tell you last time but I read the letters at home not on the computer because I normally just don't have time. But thank you so much for all of the letters that you send to me. I love it! I can't even tell you. So I got the letters via dear elder today. Unfortunately, I was missing part of Shawn's. I was so disappointed but I got 30 of them from pres. It took me very long to sort through them. It was kinda weird to read letters from so long ago. But it is ok because they made me happy. You will be happy to know my package is waiting for me in Sierra Leone. According to pres. I will get it next week during transfers. I don't know about the Liberia one yet. So I am so glad that you are having a good time with school everyone. Riss I am stoked that you have such a testimony and are able to stay strong with work and be able to stick with your beliefs. Keep it up and keep going to the temple.


So family, I am doing just fine, actually I punched another hole in my belt this week but I don't think I will again for a while. I eat an egg sandwich a day, that's good for me. So it is shocking that it is going to get hotter than this because it is so hot here already. Mom you asked what I do in the morning. I do push ups, sit ups, jump rope, curls, sometimes ladders.


Town is so crazy with people always just yelling white man and I just ask where. I don't see one. So I would assume my baby girl b is walking? Lake sounds fun you have been going a lot? Have you got letters from me? I have no stamps now soooo. . . . .


We have been working on the simplified way of teaching. It is all about not over preparing. It is just learning the lesson and teaching off the cuff. It is really different. Also we have to extend a invitation to be baptized with every lesson. The first lesson that is hard. But I do it cause we are told to. J


Caden I know I talk about Riss a lot but oh well. How ya doing? I can't email you directly. Rules!! I can read yours though. So I do what I am told I miss you tons keep up the great work. So president Cardon had a fireside. I loved it. It was amazing nothing like a general authority speaking to you in Africa!!!


So you received my journals. I know they were bad. I was a wreck then. The next ones are much better I promise. I am doing well. I am getting into the work. I am stressing a lot lately because of it. I think Elder Lowe is going to be transferred. So pres Cardon in the instruction today was inspirational. He talked all about how we are entitled to inspiration. Everyone receives it in different ways. The way I receive it I think is through my heart and he said some people even receive it in a way that just makes sense to them. That is me. I have to have things in order. Then he said if you feel good about something, roll with it and don't deny it. So I was thinking that I am lacking confidence but I know what I want. So Enos tells us about revelation and also in D & C 84. We need to know that all we have to do is have faith. It brings me back to Mark 4:40, why is it that we fear. How is it we have no faith. I love missionary work and I wouldn't trade it for anything right now. I am going to keep truckin and still talk like an American even though its going away.


Oh yeah, we taught sister Cardon for practice and she started to cry when I bore my testimony. She said it was so powerful about how my dad baptized me and how I love family and about how I want an eternal family. She was dumb stuck. She didn't think missionaries knew what they wanted so much. I love all of you so much, you all know that. Talk to you next week!!!.


Much love from Africa


Love Elder Moss

1 comment:

  1. He sounds a lot better this week-even with the sad news about the man he taught. Thanks for posting these! I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete