Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, August 9, 2010

ONLY 23 MONTHS TO GO . . .



Dear Fam

So this is my fifth time typing this my computer keeps shutting down and doing crazy things so hold on tight, it will be very short. I got the letters, didn't read them yet. Thank you and thanks Riss, I read a little of yours and yes it helped. Keep them coming - I love ya tons. Oh and dear elder letters I get only once a month.

So these girls were trying to hook it up with me when I was on splits. I was disturbed. I told them thanks but I was taken and whipped out a pic of Riss!

So you asked if we are busy, yes. We don't even have enough room on our schedule for everyone. We are booked with lessons all day everyday. We have, hopefully, 25 baptisms before the end of Sept. We had a baptism Saturday. It was good. Sorry no pictures. I will try to send them some day. So picture this a guy with one arm trying to baptize a little girl in shallow water. Ya it took like 15 plus times, I kid you not. I was a witness and I kept having to say sorry, again. Otherwise, it was good.

I got a talk laid on me for Sunday on Sunday. I talked on patience. It was good. It's something that I really need to work on. I am used to things my way and now. But it is the Lords way now and his timing. I use that quote in Riss' house. Faith is trusting in the Lord's timing. Man, I have so many examples from home but I can't use them because they don't understand. This might be bad to say but its hard to teach here because its like teaching a three year old. I have to talk so slow all the time.

Our investigator class was packed, we used every seat. It seems we just get busier and busier every week but thats good. Hopefully, we can have wards soon ;).

I have punched another hole in my belt, man I am lookin' good! That six pack is close - haha jk. It rains a lot here but not always just when you forget your unbrella or when you put it away. So Elder Lowe walks so fast I am burning up my shoes. And you know how I didn't like to ride in the back of cars - that had to change. Try 4 people in a civic! its nice!!!!! All the seat belts get my shirt dirty so I don't like the front so much. I feel rich all the time because I always have like 600 leone dollars. Missionary work is hard, not the work but the rules. You have no idea how hard it is when a little girl comes up to you crying, with no shoes on and asks for food and me knowing I have plenty of money and I can't give it to her. It makes me want to cry sometimes.

We sing a lot. Africans, not so good. I would call it more like sceaming. They like to hear me sing solos though. I dont know why, I am terrible at singing!

I got to pump some iron and that felt good. Every morning we do push ups and lifts with this big propane tank.

I really like Luke 20: 32-33, it reminds me of how I feel about the fam so you should read it. And keep the scriptures coming. I use them often, they always seem right.

I love you guys so much!!!! Tell Caden I love him and to keep it up. Never give up and count his blessings, oh what I would give for a double wide.
I love you guys loads.

Love Elder Moss

ps hopefully you get letters soon

No comments:

Post a Comment