Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, August 2, 2010

One Month Down

Well I am having big trouble trying to get my web page opened so I have wasted a good amount of time. My week has been alright. I have travelled all over the planet to find US stamps and can't really find them. I decided that it would be fun if i just send my journal home at the end of the month so I am going to send that to Riss if I can ever find stamps. We found a lds member that works at the post office so please send a package to Liberia. It will be so much faster! That would be so awesome - I love you.

I am losing wieght like crazy. I hate the food here so I just don't really even eat ha. Oh well. So I made it over one month, holy smokes that was so long. Last Saturday we had two baptisms and this Saturday we have two more and the one after that we have two more haha. So between now and Sept 11 we should have 21 but I have that written in my journal that I am going to send.

When you walk around the streets here it is just like the dump but it stinks worse. We have to climb all these crazy mountains and jazz to get places. My shoes are wearing out very very fast.

Things are going well. Church is kinda weird though cause nobody really knows what is going on. We are the ones that have to bring the spirit we don't get to ever hear a powerful message.

I hope all is well with you guys there and please keep me updated. I miss everyone so much and not a day goes by that I don't look at all your pics. Oh yeah, I met a black drunk Jesus that was cool too. Elder Lowe is awesome but really strict though. Which is probably a good thing right? I want everyone to know is stay close as a family and never ever sacrifice that. I talk about how great my family is every single day.

I played basketball today and we won all our games. I threw it down once. Yes, I dunked it! I must be getting lighter on the feet.

So whoever said the people are nicer in Africa lied! They are pretty rude. I get cussed at all the time. They are mad because they think we are rich. Everywhere I go I hear fat white man. All the little kids want to come and touch us like we have power. I am sick of women whipping out a breast during a lesson too. That really bugs. Icant wait till you get my journal entries in a couple of weeks.

Sorry, I am out of time.

Love Elder Moss

ps maybe next week a better letter

No comments:

Post a Comment