Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, February 6, 2012

Hey family

How are you doing? Things here in Bo are going great. In all honesty it was kind of a hum drum week, nothing really exciting happened. Except one of my favorite investigators was baptized this week along with his son. It was another good baptism. I am getting pretty good at putting baptisms together.When were were at the baptism this week, we ran into Elder Mensah. I don't know if you know him but he is a 70. It was fun to talk to him. He was pretty angry at the time though because he had just come all the way from Ghana to have a meeting with the district presidency and none of them showed up to the church. When we tried to help him get them to come, they tried to cancel him. Wow, that was a bad idea on their part. He was pretty heated when he got on the phone. It all ironed out I think.
My weekend was really busy, our district has been killin' it in the mission work. We are an example to the mission. I love it but the problem for me is that it makes me super busy haha. This week I did over 20 interviews in one day so needless to say my Saturday was pretty long. My Sunday was good, fast Sundays are always a good but a challenge. It is not easy to go 24 hours without water here but the sacrifice is worth the blessings from heaven that's for sure. Even though we don't always immediately see the blessings I know that they will come some time or the other. Testimony meeting is always good. It is much different than home. No one ever cries!! The reason being, if they do cry then others make fun of them later. We will see how I do when I get home. I think my tear ducts are all dried up but I do love to feel the spirit. The only major problem now is that we have our church is not big enough. We cannot fit everyone inside of our classroom. I know woe was me - but it is such a headache.
For the mechanical part of this week, I had the privilege of fixing our well. The genius that did the plumbing did it during rainy season when the water table was up so when the water table dropped the pipe for the pump was no longer in the water. Luckily I have a keen ear to hear when a pump is sucking air. I heard our pump outside sucking air and turned it off and went to work. We had a length of pipe so we made it work. Nothing like hanging upside down in a small hole above a 25 ft well. It was nice to have the knowledge and my head light. Oh the joys of Sierra Leone Freetown mission. Really don't have much to say except that I am doing great and I am back on the weight loss program and I am down to 223. I just need to keep it going so that my return will be triumphant. I love you guys. Have a great week.
Love Elder Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment