Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, August 22, 2011

S
Hello family,

How are things going over there? I like to ask that every week, I hope that you don't mind.  Things are going good here.  This has been a very long but also surprisingly fast week. It's weird it was both at the same time. Probably because we got so much accomplished this week. Lots of fun things happened as well as some crazy things. So let us begin. We have not had much water lately.   We have been living off the reserve water, so as a result we have to get water trucked to us. And when the truck comes we all go out and bucket brigade. We bring out all of our 5 gallon storage containers as well as our buckets. Well my companion had a dirty bucket and he was going to wash it out, but apparently he touched one of the elders with it. So the elder said if you touch me with that again, I will punch you in the face. Well in my companions infinite wisdom, he touched him again and he got what was promised. Man some people are so childish, on the both sides. And, of course, I had to be in the middle of it. So that was not fun. The good news is we have water
 
So later we went out and had some good lessons, obviously frustration was in the air. We came back at the end of the night and no power.  So they light up the generator and shortly after the lights start going crazy and we smell fire, electrical fire.   We go out and yup the WALL is on fire. I guess you could say it was good we got water that morning. All is well though no worries just some burnt paint and wires and a bad smell in the house. Its funny cause I told them that that would happen if you try to run the whole house off of one plug. Well they believe me now. I just laugh at the way it gets fixed. The old plug just melted so lets just get a new one. Soon we will learn that the same thing will happen but no one listens to me. So to move on with the week. We had some good lessons found out that we need to change some baptism datea forward so we will be having 5 more baptisms on Saturday.  It's so funny people in this world they don't understand that the field is already white.  Why are you waiting to harvest? Get to work stop talking about how ready everyone is and start making something happen.
 
So I love to just jump in and start to help people.  We helping this girl and her family. And this girl needed to carry this oober heavy cooler full of water to the top of mount everest to sell. So you know me, I did it. You know that she called me the most stubborn person she had ever met.  I just thought that was funny. People here don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. You have to show your love for the people by helping them. But let me tell you something that cooler was heavy ha-ha.   I don't know how she was going to do it.
 
So this week we did lots of work at the church for the open house and for Elder Sitati.  We had zone conference this week. Man, I swear if I have to sing at another one of those I am going to be mad. This time did not turn out as well I don't think, considering I found out the new song the day of and also I got to practice a total of one time before singing for a general authority.   Just kind of mad that they threw in a solo for me as well. We sang more holiness give me. It was nice to see everyone, especially elder Jenkins.  Elder Sitati gave a instruction on…. You guessed it eternal marriage.
 
We had 7 baptisms this week and  that was awesome. It was sad to hear of my old branch pres.  I loved that guy.  He died from malaria. That stuff is brutal.  So I am tired of typing, so I think this is it.
 
All is well.  I love you all.  Happy b-day to gpa moss and also B this week.   Love you guys!
 
Love Elder Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment