Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, August 8, 2011

Hey Family,

How was the week for all of you over on that side. Things here are great. Mom I think you are right, I am becoming more of myself and I am having less and less to email each week.  Things here are going good. So a little report on the week. First off, my temple tie is destroyed.  No, you don't need to send me another one because it too will get destroyed. I guess that's the price you pay with so many baptisms and conversions. Speaking of which, we had another two this weekend. Juliana Sam and Cecilia Thomas. The baptism went well and they are all confirmed and happy. I have come to the conclusion that I am ready to be a spectator at church. Bishop better not give me a calling right after retuning.  I am getting tired of being a branch President.

So fast Sunday was good but man it is not so easy when you are trekin' through the mountains of Sierra Leone.   But it is so   worth it. It make you feel like you are making more of a sacrifice. How was the fast Sunday for the rest of you all?  It was cool.  I challenged some investigators to really fast with a purpose and come to find out some did. They even decided to bear testimony about the blessings that they were seeing in their lives. So cool when you see the fruits of your labors. I don't think lots of missionaries get that experience.

People have been getting on me cause I love to work hard but for me, it makes mission sweet.  People tell me that I shouldn't labor more than I have strength but I think that they are lazy.  I just love to exert myself.  We had over 150 peeps in our branch on Sunday and some 13 investigators.  My plate is but we are always looking to put more on there.

So we have been doing some service to the church again.  It is cleaning out the sewage basically. I told you the church is at the bottom of the hill so when it rains, all the crap from upstream lands at the church. So we get out there and do some work. If we don't do it it will not happen. I am just getting sick of the racist jokes like "wow, finally a white man working for us". I tell you sometimes people just never grow up. So I am kind of glad I have learned to be the jack of all trades. Today I fixed my companions shoes.  I sewed the sole back on. Speaking of shoes, I am burning through them like crazy.

I don't know what else to say. Uh hmm so I found out that I like my hair medium length not to long or too short just enough to brush it. But now my dilemma is do I part it in the middle or off to the side.  Anyone have any input?

I love all you guys keep the letters coming.

Love Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment