Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, August 15, 2011

Hey Family,

How are you doing? I am doing great as usual. If you ever hear me say good or fine that means I am doing great! In Sierra Leone, fine and good is the standard answer when someone asks you how you are so I have kind of got stuck in that rut a little by saying I am fine. But I am doing stupendous. Things here are moving along well, the work seems to go smoothly. It is funny how in the week you can have one lesson that is so spiritually powerful and then just immediately after that lesson you go to someone who will not even give you the time of day. It is frustrating sometimes but its ok.  I am coping with these people that like to just mess around with us. I was thinking about how blessed we are with people that are ready to learn. It is funny how so many people cannot read or even hardly talk English but they will do their best to learn all that they can learn. It's funny cause they say that this is a English speaking mission. But let me be first to tell you that that is a lie. It is not but its ok.  I have found that the Lord will bless you with the gift of tongues when you get here so that you can communicate. I like what President Monson has taught:  "The goal of gospel teaching . . . is not to 'pour information' into the minds of class members. . . . The aim is to inspire the individual to think about, feel about, and then do something about living gospel principles" .  We teach the people that living gospel principles will put a smile on their face forever. I love this gospel.

Sometimes I wish I finished writing this email before I read my emails. Its hard to smile knowing Kobe died but its good too know that he is in a better place plus we still have Shasta and Rex.
So this week Is going to be busy, we have on the schedule a open house with a General Authority coming, Elder Sitati. He is good.  He is coming to have an open house and also to dedicate the building.  Man, have I been doing some work there. They really take advantage of my mechanical mind haha. The branch pres. calls me his boss.  Man, I don't want that responsibility but I guess I have to have it. We also have zone conference Friday, guess who gets to sing again for another general authority. Yup, it's me.  Man, I don't think I am that great of a singer so I just don't understand why I have to sing so much. I think that will make three general authorities now I will sing for. Also we have 3 people that need interviews for baptism and to top it off we have 8 people baptizing Saturday. And I have to preside over that!  This will be a crazy week!

We had zone meeting this last week. I feel like I got spiritually slapped in the face. I feel like I am not doing enough to help the people. I don't want to be these peoples anchor. I need to do more! We will see what I can do. Living is going great, we have had power but not water.   Yesterday I burned the tar out of my hand.  Man that hurt. Steam burn from the rice. Oh well nothing time doesn't heal. We had a baptism last week. It went really well and the spirit was really strong.  I also got to sing there as well.  Who would have guessed that I had that talent. I guess all the la la's I sang around the house helped. Not for dad but for me.

So I found out Elder Lambson is not doing all that well.  I guess he got sick and he is, or did some time in the hospital so keep him in your prayers. It's not always easy here, but it will be worth it.

So as you can see, things are good.  I hope that it is well there.  Oh some fresh new [pics of the fam and riss would be nice.  It has been a long time since I have seen you all. I love all you guys!

Love ya!  Love Elder Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment