Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, May 14, 2012

Bo West Zone
The Mission President and his wife on the left
The two Americans behind them are the APs
The couple on the right is the senior couple in Bo
And that cute American in the middle is Elder Moss
 ZL to all those African missionaries
The Lone American Missionary
Hey family,

So as you know Mother's day was SWEET!  It is always so awesome to talk with you guys.  I am sure people laugh at me after my phone call (even while I am calling) because I always have this stupid huge, cheesy smile that I can't hide.  It makes me so happy to talk with all of you.  I love it!  I can’t wait to be able to do it every day. I am what you would call trunky.  On the flip side,  I am still working my tail off. This week was full of business - mission politics kind of stuff.  We had meetings all week.  We had leadership training and zone council and the next day we had zone conference, my last one, might I add.  It was good, just a lot of stuff going on.  Something that I gathered from president was cool. It is a quote from president Packer. President Packer said "better to be one mile from hell heading away from it then 100 miles from hell heading towards it".  I think this is true.   if we are trying to find our way to heaven then it doesn’t really matter where hell is.  Lots of times people want to be that super hero, that one person that can have that fame. People always have that dream to save the world. The problem is people always go about doing it the wrong way. If you want to change the world, the best place to start is with yourself.  It bugs me when people forget about little things.  These little things are the things that make the big things.  I loved how coach Hos would always stress the importance of small and simple things. If you cannot do the small things then how can you ever do the big things

I am grateful for this mission.  It has done a lot of me.  It hasn’t helped my English at all but it has really opened my eyes to becoming the person that I want and know I can be. I don’t know of another place that I could have served that would been so refining.  Mission is something that you can pass through or it can pass through you.  The decision is yours, no one can make it for you and no one will force it on you. But I am glad that my mission is passing through me and making me a man.

So the week was good like I said.  We had a baptism.. which was a challenge all in itself, but worth it when all the headaches are over.  We had an awesome baptism.  In our zone alone, we had 30 baptized.  It was a good day, lots of conversions.  Even though we are always having baptisms, for some reason I am never satisfied.  I think it Is because I want to see more souls come unto Christ. I can't even imagine how Christ and Heavenly Father are feeling.  I KNOW that God is not satisfied with 50 percent of his children returning to him.  He can't be.  He loves us all and he wants all us to accept the gospel.  He loves baptisms but he wants more conversions.  He will only be satisfied if all return to Him.  That’s why I wish I could do more sometimes. I want to walk away knowing that I have done all that I could do.

Well I really don’t have much to say except that I feel sorry for the family.  I know Caden is coming home tomorrow and I know that is going to make mom so trunky!  She is going to make you guys nuts!  I love you guys so much and thank you for the love and support that you give me. Let the Lord always be your light.

Love Elder Kev

PS I don’t sound like an African.  I blame it on the phone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment