Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Final Email - Yippee

Hey family,
Things here are going great. I am pretty excited that this is my last email. Actually, I am more excited that I don’t have to use this internet café again!
The work is going great - transfers changed since I sent my last email. I didn't go to Elder Ngerem in Freetown. I am with Elder Despain on Sewa road which is still in Bo. So that means that I will be taking a bus back to Freetown at like 5 in the morning on Saturday. That should be fun! Elder Despain is awesome. It is too bad that I only get to spend one week with him. Maybe I will extend so that I can finish out with him. What do you think? Ha ha Just kidding. It is bittersweet - yeah - I am going home.
So I heard a sweet quote this week. It is really an awesome idea and really true. It goes like this:
 
I went outside to find a friend
But could not find one there;
I went outside to be a friend,
And friends were everywhere! —Payne

This is awesome. It makes me think that people need to stop waiting for blessings and go and be the blessing. I believe charity is what it is all about. If you want to make yourself happy then go and make others happy. I think that is one of the things that I really want to focus on when I get home. Serving others.
As for the work, it is great. I just heard an amazing story, about a man that I baptized named Emanuel Tarpeh and his whole family. I love him. He is great! I was just told that he and his family went to the temple, that one I knew for awhile, but the big news is that he brought 23 people to the temple with him!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me feel to know that the gospel is finally sinking in. I love this work and I can't wait to do it at home.
So for my final week I have been transferred into the shlums. The apartment name is the dungeon or hell. It is rough, so rough that a general authority saw it and told us to get out now, ha ha. Anyway, I don’t think it is worse than the Kissy apartment that I stayed in for 5 months. So today my task was to celestialize the apartment. Wow - that was a project and a half. I cleaned years of scum out of the bathroom and threw away pounds of garbage. The elders are amazed that the place can look so nice. That is a trait I picked up on mission. I love to be very clean and organized. I have learned something about suffering in hell. It is in accordance to what you do in life that makes you suffer. So it makes me laugh when people call the apartment hell, it is because they are too lazy to clean it and that’s why it sucks. I understand that the apartment sucks and you can.t fix that but you don’t have to live in the dirt. Anyway, maybe some day they will learn to take some initiative and just do what needs to be done.

That’s about it. I love you guys so much. Thanks so much for all the love and support over the last two years. Take care of yourselves and I will see you in a few short days. Love you so much!
Love your son and missionary,
Elder Kevin Moss
 
PS keep the faith, never give up or let up!

No comments:

Post a Comment