Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, May 7, 2012

Hey Family,

Bo is good - mission is good.  How is life over in the states?  I bet you are getting excited for me to come home :) because I am definitely getting excited for me to come home! So I don’t have much to say.  We had a great baptism this week.  It was a zone baptism and it was small but spirit filled.   It was 11 people. The baptism was great but I tell you this drought is kicking my butt left and right. We suffered to fill the font and when we finally got it filled, it was really dirty, like too dirty to see the bottom.  But it is ok.  The people were very happy to be able to make sacred covenants with God. Next week will be a big baptism.  I think we are having like 26 people or something so we really need to pray that everything goes well.  We are praying for rain.  Speaking of rain,  I swear every time it rains outside, it rains in my bed as well.  It really sucks!   Two nights last week I was driven from my bed on because I was soaking wet from the rain. The dilemma is if I close the window, then it is too hot and if I open them, then I risk getting rained on.  Rain is good.  It is the means by which we fill our buckets to drink water, take showers and even to wash our clothes. So I guess it Is bittersweet when it rains.  Soon I won’t have to worry about these crazy weather patterns.

This week I have learned that my competitive spirit is still very much a part of me. We played some football, well soccer, and it got a little heated. Sometimes Africans can make me crazy but whatever, I just let it go. So I have been thinking that when I get home I want to train for a triathlon. I know I am still fat but I would love to get fit enough to do one.

The week was filled with lots of business.  I went on exchanges back to one of my old areas and that was fun.  They seemed to really miss me over there.  Had food in surplus. Everyone wanted to feed me. It was a nice reunion. Also this week we had the opportunity to watch conference, which was good.  People here just don’t understand the magnitude of watching a living prophet.  They need to realize that we have a living oracle of God on the earth.  They need to understand that the purpose of prayer is for seeking help  I am glad that I have the Lord in my life.  It is so much different when you use His help.  It doesn’t mean that we have to be super weird or different or change our personality to be Christlike but it does mean that we need to do what's right. Always - no compromising.  Prayer is something we need to always remember to do it. I can't wait to start it in my own home and always pray morning and night.

Do what is right, the day dawn is breaking.  I was thinking today about soccer.  Many times people stand around and wait for the ball but the good players are the ones that go and get the ball.  Don’t wait for blessings to come but go and be the blessing for someone and then the blessings come your way.  I think dad, you are a great example of that. Thank you.  Dad you remind me of yes man.  Whenever someone asks for help, dad says Yes! Yes! Yes!   Thanks for you example.

Love all you guys.  Sorry this is scattered and crazy but love ya!  See you soon!  Talk to you Sunday -  woot woot!

Love Elder Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment