Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, December 5, 2011

Hello Family,

How are things over there once again?  Things here are good. I guess you are wondering about transfer news.    I am being transferred to Bo branch. So I am going uptown. It will be fun.   ELDER JENKINS and I will be together for Christmas!!!! Wahooo ~ man I am stoked.  I am kind of sad to leave Elder Saxton and Elder Burton but man it will be sweet to see my boy again.

To be honest, I don't have a whole lot to say. I cut my hair and it's pretty short. I figured it will grow back and it's hot. I am tired of people running there fingers through my hair.  It's not so bad when children do it but when people my own age do it, it makes for an awkward moment.  Everyone wants to just touch my hair. Weird.
 
So I have been trying to rekindle some strength that I have lost. I think I am still pretty strong, I decided to go and try to lift the back of this van in our compound.  It is a old vw bus.  Needless to say I, could lift it completely off the ground in the back so I think I am still pretty strong. A little civic would have nothing on me haha. I have been training a lot so I guess it is paying off. I just need to chisel the abs up and get rid of my fat. I am still an ox under that fat.  The diet is definitely not helping me. Bread and rice. Man, I don't know.
 
Anyway, things are good.  I have a huge assignment from president, like a gazillion records to fix from Elder Neves.  Man, I love that guy but he left me a butt load of work.  Lots of records to fill in.  I have like 100 records to fix and people to see by tomorrow night. So I will be busy.
 
So Saturday they had a wedding at the chapel and the bathrooms were locked because of construction.  Unfortunately, the font was not. I cannot believe people. The PEED IN THE FONT.  Sunday I opened the font to show an investigator and WHAT the smell!!!  Holy smokes!   I almost died.  What do people think sometimes.  It was so embarrassing!  Church was good this week except for one of our leaders!!  Saturday I found the 1st councilor in the district presidency drunk outside of the church compound. I feel like everything I am doing is being unwound sometimes. So I had to make a report to get that fixed. I taught another guy who was drunk as could be this week. I gave him the word of wisdom tract.   Hopefully, he will see it when he is sober.  Oh the joys of missionary work. The hardships are ok because the blessings are great. Never have I learned more in my life. I have grown more than people can understand. I love this gospel. And I can't wait until I can see you all again.  Sweet is the work. Love ya
 
Love  Elder Kev 

No comments:

Post a Comment