Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, December 12, 2011

g
Hello family,
 
How are you guys doing this week? As for me, I am doing good - not too many complaints. So you know that I am in Bo now. Bo is sweet and crappy at the same time.  We are in the middle of nowhere but, hey, I don't have that much longer left so it's cool with me! As for getting food out here, it is not easy but that is cool too.  It means for easy weight loss. There are some really nice supermarkets in town but, ya right, like my money is sufficient for that. So I have for dinner, 3 boiled eggs and for breakfast, if I am feeling hungry, will have a couple crackers. So life is good.
 
It's always funny when I get to new areas because people look at my pictures that I have and they don't even know that I am in the pictures. I was thinking that when I get home, I am really different than the person I was when I left. I will be half the physical size and twice the spiritual size. I am excited to see everyone's faces when they see me. But that is far off so I don't want to dwell on that.  I will be in good shape for football though.  I just started doing pull ups.  Hey, they are hard when you are fat so I can only do like ten haha but I can do like 75 push ups straight. Ya, ya  laugh it up.  I thought it was good for my size. Ok moving on….
 
Bo…. I am a little confused on why everyone likes it so much. It's cool but man the mission work needs WORK. Sunday we had two investigators at church. I was a little sad but we will fix that if I have anything to do with it. Our chapel is super itty bitty, about the size of the family room. When I got to church I was being optimistic until we started.  I almost stood up and walked out to go and check the sign outside to see if I was at the right church. President has given me a big responsibility to get this branch turned around to what it is supposed to be. I have kind of been stressed out this week with all the work I have to do with the branch and also the district. I am not sure what the missionaries have been doing here but it is obviously not what they where supposed to be doing. So we will see if we can fix that.
 
The area is  big and dusty but flat so I don't have to go mountain climbing every day.   There also is a jungle in our area.  It's so sweet but my companion is nervous to go there because maybe we will get eatin' by some African wilderbeast! But one day I will go and take pictures. It's cool because we cross this river on a huge fallen tree and go off into the jungle, just like you see in the movies
 
So also I have sisters in my district now, lucky me two new ones.  So I have to help them as well. My plate is full to say the least. I guess I have been studying to try to figure out how to do it all and the story that keeps coming to my mind is the story of the bro of Jared in Ether 2.  In verse 23,25 I think it basically says the Lord said, what will ye that I should do, that ye may have light in your vessels? What will ye that I should prepare for you? I guess when I do all that I can, the Lord will do the rest but first we need a game plan. The problem I have is I feel like I can take on the whole world but I can't.  I wish I could but I can't. I am forced to get help. What I have learned in missionary work is if you love the people and you love the Lord, you will do anything because perfect love casteth out all fear.  I think Satan really tries to work on me because I am working so hard.  I am glad we have revelation.  Even though it is often a strenuous endeavor that requires lots of intellectual effort combined with faith and spiritual yearning, the Lord expects us to use our talents, intellect and common sense as we seek solutions to our problems and answers our questions.   So I guess revelation is easy and hard for one to get, depending on your own faith.  Just this morning I was reading from the conference edition of the Liahona and I read something cool.  President Uchtdorf talked about Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory and  how we need to stop waiting for our golden ticket and enjoy the chocolate that is right in front of us. He said it doesn't mean we give up on our wants and desires and dreams but we need to be happy now.  Don't always be planning for future happiness and never be happy. I hope that everyone is happy while I am away, that you are enjoying the moments. I love all of you guys and want nothing but the best for you all and that includes you Rissa.  BE HAPPY, only we can choose to be happy!
 
So in summary. mission is good.  It has its ups and it has its downs but I can tell you that it really makes you a man.  Remember that the strongest steel comes from the hottest fire. He never said it would be easy just worth it. I love you guys.  Have a great week.
 
 Love Elder Kosombo (my new krio name. It means the strongest and toughest).
 
I wish these languages I am learning were real languages instead of tribal languages because I am learning mende now so now I can speak kalukwa, krio, mende and English!
 
Well love you guys take care
> holidays,
>
>
> NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intende
>

No comments:

Post a Comment