Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, November 14, 2011

Hello family,
 
How are things over there on the other side of the planet? Things here are moving forward and I am still alive so that is great. So I am trying to think what great extravagant experience that I had this week and nothing is coming into my mind. It was kind of a ho-hum week. We did not have too many visits to go on but for me I felt like I was running around all week like a chicken without a head, trying to get all these things fixed in the apartment. Such as the stove.   So here is the problem.  I am on American football time and everyone here is on African time which means they come 1 to 2 hours later.  For instance, I was at the apartment studying all morning. Then we left and got all the way to the top of the hill and then the phone rings.  "Elder Moss, I am coming to pick up the stove so I need you to go to the apartment."   Ugh -  so 40 minute walk back down the hill and we get to the apartment and he is not there.   Luckily, he showed up 2 hours later.  After that, we went back up the hill.  The next day he tells me the stove is fixed so he brings it back.   Of course I wait forever for him to come. He drops it and as he is about to leave I say "let's test it before you go". So we do and yup it is still broken.   I pick it up and put it in his truck and tell him to tell president I don't want to see this stove again in the apartment.   It is going to kill someone one day. Anyway, lucky us, we got a new stove. It took many hours and lots of patience but I think that it was worth it in the long run. I mean not dying in an explosion is always a good thing.
 
It is so fun to have some Americans in the apartment, it is quite the hoot. You can only imagine the conversations. I am like a little boy on Christmas finding out from Elder Saxton all the things that have changed at home. Its pretty funny. I was showing Elder Saxton some pictures and he was telling me about b and how much she has changed. He said pictures won't do me or her justice. I look like a different person and she is huge. I am pretty excited to see the changes around home.
 
So you guys have been wondering why I have not written by hand in some time. Its because I just don't have time any more with preparing instructions and taking care of people and doing interviews. I mean, for instance, the interviews I had to do last month for our district was huge.  We baptized seventy plus people in one month. That's like twenty people a weekend, haha its crazy!  And I have to proof-read all the paper work. Lucky me. I guess you might be confused, I have been the district leader for quite awhile.  I just didn't think it was necessary to tell you.  I read emails and all people here do is talk about callings and boast of themselves and I hate that so, ya, I wasn't going to tell you but that's why you haven't got any handwritten letters in a while.
 
This week someone told me that she wants to name her first born after me, who is not born yet.   That kind of caught me off guard. And she says if it's  a girl then I can choose a name. I don't know what I would name her, but she told me to know by the time she is baptized.
 
So this week was cool I passed goal.  101 baptisms and the number is still going.   If you teach with the spirit, things are so easy. When you do what's right its so easy.
 
So I wish I had my camera with me.  I wanted to show you a picture that I have.  It is of my shoes. I have a 30000 mile warranty on my shoes.  I put a car tire on the bottom. It is pretty awesome!  I can't wait to show you guys. Well, I wish I had more exciting week but I did not. Thank you everyone for supporting me on my mish.  It is awesome to hear people care about me at home.  Sometimes you don't see so much love here for the Americans. But I know this church is true.  No matter how hard life gets we can always turn to the Lord.  Luckily. I  have experienced that a lot.  I did not think you could pray holes in your pants but you can.  I have pants that are a testimony of that.  I love to pray.  It's awesome to receive answers. 
 
I love you guys loads.  Have a great week!
 
Love Kev aka Elder Moss
 the gugura hondu

No comments:

Post a Comment