Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, November 21, 2011

hmmessagePbody.hmmessage

Hello family!!
Another week has come and gone. And it was not too bad of a week. Mission is great, I sure do love it but it can give you gray hairs, to say the least. I understand why so many people go home bald.  It's a good thing that my genes give me lots of hair. I am having a good time but I am getting tired. I am trying to continue to work hard all the way until the end. I don't want to be one of the missionaries that rolls over dead for the last 6 months.
So Christmas call is coming up, kind of exciting! So whats the plans there? From what I understand it is pretty expensive here for us to call home. And I am getting old so I am not a bomba (rich man) in mission. The work here is going strong. It is like a roller coaster.  One day will be amazing and the next will be crazy.  Something that I have learned from mission is that you choose to be happy. You can sit and argue with someone till your head falls off or fire starts shooting out your eyes, or you can look them in the eyes and say I love you, I am sorry. I like the second option.   What can someone even say to that. No matter what the argument or how mad you are, you just need to get a big smile on your face and look them in the eyes.  When we can develop humility and faith and love, all the Christ-like attributes, then there is nothing in this world that can stop you from accomplishing what you need to accomplish. Obviously the Lord is omnipotent, and if you are on his side, you are safe. When troubles come our way, we need to ask ourselves what can I learn from this and how can I grow. Recently, I got a quote from my mom and it has been ringing through my mind and I am trying to figure out what I can do. The quote was a cheesy one that she saw on someone's facebook and it simply talks about worth. The thought in my mind is what is my worth.  What am I, Kevin Moss, worth to the world?  What can I bring to the table and how can I increase my worth? Also, we need to know if something or someone is worth it for you, then you dang well need to be worth it for them. I think the best way to gain personal worth and happiness is by developing Christlike attributes. The only person that can stop me from being great, is me. That's the beauty in this life.  You can become all that the Lord has made you to be if only you choose to. But no one can force you or beguile you into being good.  There comes a time in everyone's life where we need to look ourselves in the eyes and say its time to grow up. Its time to stop being a boy and start being a man. For long on my mission I was irritated at the world.  I was mad for the situations I was in but now I ask myself why was I mad?  Look how far I have come.  If I had not been put through the furnace then I would not be coming home strong. The other day, I was sitting down kind of feeling sorry for myself, missing home, wanting to give some people hugs, when I decided just to study a little bit instead of feeling sorry for myself.  As I did, I looked to the hymn book and the hymn I am a child of God opened up. One of my favorites!  The words are so simple, yet so profound and powerful.  It touched my heart. I, Kev, am a child of God! And HE has sent me here. HE has given me sooooo much, parents who are kind and dear, HE leads me, HE guides me, HE walks beside me, and HE will help me find my way.  He will teach me all that I must do to live with Him someday. My needs are great but if I understand His will, all will be ok.  My kind of remix to the song but this is how it hit me. God is doing all these things for me but what am I doing in return? There is a scripture in the D&C  that I love.  If we do all things in our power, then we can stand still and know that God is there.  I love what my dad always told me, if you are going to do something, do your best.  Don't walk away thinking you should have done more. "I will do my best until He comes and when He does my banner will be clear."
Things in Kissy are going great. The branch is doing good.  We had an idea that we need to get everyone that is coming to church regularly, attending primary and coming to activities be baptized. We have come to find that there are so many parents that have children that are 8 yrs old and they are not baptized, kind of like they forgot. So we had parents submit to the branch president their children and he went through it to see what he can do. Unfortunately, he did not finish the whole process for last week but all should be a go for this weekend.  There is really so much to do all the time, and I pray things don't fall apart when me and Elder Neves leave.
I guess that the last thing I want to say is that I love you guys.  I don't think I have told you enough.  If you were not there to back me up, I don't think I could have accomplished all that I have been able to accomplish here.   I have learned so much -  probably things I couldn't have learned anywhere else! I am so grateful for this gospel and the blessings of having a family for this life and throughout the eternities! What a blessing that is to know that we can have a friend, a wife, a brother, a sister, a mother and a father forever. I know as I keep  the commandments, God will always bless me! Whether it be with trials and tribulations or bonbons and relaxation. The blessings from heaven will come. I know as I have learned from my parents and from others, that I will put my trust in the Lord will help build my future family to be stalwart and strong in the gospel.  To be an arm to lean on and a beacon of light for my family.  I know it all starts with one step so now is the time to start. I love you guys loads.  I pray for you daily.  I cannot tell you how much you mean to me.  Keep the faith - never give up and keep on smiling.
Love Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment