Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, November 7, 2011


Hello family,

 

How are things going over on the other side of the planet? Things on this side are going great. Mission is mission, nothing new here. We had some cool things happen I guess. I had the opportunity to go to an instruction from President Dickson and also the Ghana temple president. It was interesting to see what they had to say about the success that we are having in our mission. Also this week, we had the chance to have zone conference (which was last minute) Sorry, I  needed to add that.  It was good.  As I have been on mission, I have grown in ways that most might not understand. My knowledge of the church has increased and I pray that it continues to grow and flourish in the gospel. Many have prayed for a change in me, as I have myself and I am glad to know that as we put our trust in the Lord, our prayers and answers become a reality. Often times in our life we find ourselves praying, praying for love, for humility and even patience. But the problem is, we pray and we want it now. Love, patience, humility, all the Christ-like attributes, take time to develop. They take acts of faith and sometimes, the torments of hell. I have found often times we pray for answers, and we fast and we wait and finally we get our answers, as long as we never give up. But so often I see in peoples lives that when the going gets rough, they sit down and cry about it. When confusion hits, they forget the very thing that the Lord told them to do.  Then they ask again and are saddened when the answer to their prayer does not come again.  If we pray for something, we have to remember the answer that is given to us, act upon that answer and have faith in the Lord that that is what you are supposed to do.  It really blows my mind when people receive revelation and then they go contrary to the revelation that has been given to them.  You know something -  life is tough, life is tougher when you are stupid. I have learned something about faith.  It is not just saying ok or yes but it is, in reality, saying "thy will be done".   Faith, not speaking words or writing things down. True love is displayed through actions. But more importantly the actions that you do when the situation is rough, when you think no one is watching. That is the person you are. People here and at home often do not understand this concept.  As for me, I am grateful that my dad had taught me to be a man and to do what is right, no matter the consequence. To do things that are Christ-like, even if there is no apparent reward, or even if no one is watching you. The thing is that there is always someone watching you. In our proselyting efforts, we have found some genuine brothers that are seeking for the truth. As we go to them and as we teach them, we see something awesome.   We see their eyes light up as we are able to feed them something that they have never tasted thus far in their life. It is something that is sweeter than anything in this world and they want more. We had the chance to watch conference.   Wow, what a difference it is watching it here. Elder Saxton says he is not going to church again haha (we watch all the sessions at once) but I think that he will get used to the rowdiness. I hope that we can fix that but conference is conference. No matter where you are, if you listen, the words can penetrate your heart. Often life gives us lemons and we can either suck on the bitterness or we can take the lemon and make lemonade. The doctrines of the church are at our disposal, why don't we use them? Make the choice today to be good, to follow Christ. Don't wait until tomorrow, because it might not be there.   I can't remember the prophet that said to just do it, but that is what we need to do.  Just do it!  And I deem it appropriate to add just do it, now!!!

 

Have a great week.  Love you all.

 

Love Elder Moss



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment