Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, July 18, 2011

Hey family,

How are things going over there on that side.  So I have been told that my English has been getting worse since I have been here.  I dont think it is but whatever.

So I am pretty excited for Amy and Mike.  I guess B was right -  a girl.  Perfect - I will pick up right where I left off with B.  Ok, she will be slightly younger, but that is cool.  Poor Mike, he is getting dominated.  I  would have to say that domination is probably a Moss gene, haha, just kidding (maybe)

So things are going great here.  Nothing that I would complain about and complaining does not get you anywhere except mad.  Church is great, don't get me wrong and I love it and I love the spirit we can bring to it, but I can tell you that I can't wait to just go and sit down in the back and not have to give a talk or do confirmations and records and teach class and do all of these different things.  It will be nice to just go to church sit with the fam and the girl and learn and feel the spirit.  I guess I am getting plenty of experience.  One of these experiences was with an investigator.  If you know the people here, they just don't hardly smile.  I don't know why but we do know when they are happy.  We got to do 4 confirmations and it was so sweet .  If you could see their faces, it makes all the suffering of life here worth it!  To see the smile and the glow about them when they become a member of the church.

I have been working on this operation  - we call it operation get stacked or get ripped, just depends on what I want to call it that day, today we are trying to get stacked.  I don't know if it is working, but I am trying for it.  With these mountains, I am getting good.  I can pretty much run to the top, which is insane cause it is huge but I love it .  I can feel the burning in my legs, its nice.   The problem is that my compy can't keep up but we will get him there.

I will be on a little bit later because this cafe doesn't have a printer. I love you guys!

Love, Elder Kev


 AND THIS IS THE LITTLE SHORT NOTE WE GOT LATER ON IN THE MORNING:

Hey family,

Once again, things are going great. I am stoked to hear about Amy and Mike, that is cool.  So have you ever had the chance to dedicate a internet café?  Well , I have.  As funny as it sounds, it was pretty cool.  We had the chance to go to one earlier today, that a RM was opening. It is the coolest place!  He has pictures of Christ in there and they play conference and church movies on the tv.  I was excited to hear about that.  Too bad it is far away from where we live!


No comments:

Post a Comment