Current Time In Sierra Leone

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ahhhhhh ~ A hamburger




HEY FAMILY

How are you doing this week? I am really struggling with my companion. God really wants me to learn something . . . I just don't know what that is. This week has been very long for me I have been just not really talking to anyone, I just lay in my bed and read and do nothing. For some odd reason, I just don't have much in common with Africans and they don't really care that I am even here because they have each other. It really is starting to frustrate me. But I think I have done enough complaining for the week.

The week started out kind of alright. We had zone meeting and it was fun cause I got to go and chill with my boy, Elder Jenkins. I swear if he wasn't here, I don't know what I would do! He keeps telling me we are going to be the assistants together someday. I laugh because I totally believe that he could be but as for me, I am not even close to good enough to do that. Anyway, at zone meeting we found out that we are going to be putting on this concert for all the people here in Liberia. Turns out that we are singing and giving talks. Uh man, I don't know how well this is going to turn out but we will find out. Oh ya, I guess they determined that I am the best singer here in the zone so, guess what? I have to sing a solo in the concert. A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. By myself, in front of possible like 100-500 people. I am kind of nervous cause I don't think I am that great at singing, just better than the average African. So I hope that I don't flub up. We are doing this concert thing like 3 times. So that is some news that we got.

So far, no packages yet. I hope that President has them. And Riss not a chance that I am waiting for Christmas to open my package. I hope that I even get them to begin with! I am so stoked for dad's present cause he made so much hype about it.

So this week I had a legit hamburger. It cost me 5 bucks but I don't even care. It was at that golf course that I told you about. It was so sweet! Man I want some people food so bad I can't even tell you! So I wish that I could send you a picture of the new pants that I got. With my boy ej. They are so freakin' ugly I cant even tell you and his are worse than mine but we got them for 140 haha that's 2 dollars. It really shows how much I sweat. And they are nice and tight I think they are 36 or 38. Man, I love elder Jenkins. I better be his comp some day.

Well what else? Oh I was on exchanges and this naked lady (something that is usual to us) started to chase us and yell our names. We were like ahhh lets get the crap out of here. We just took off into the bush. I was like a lightening bolt or something. We just looked at each other and we were like lets get the heck out of here. Which brings me to my next topic. We have a video of us chillin' in the bush. I have been taking so many pictures and videos so I can send them home but I don't think I can't get them home before Christmas. I feel so bad cause I have not done anything for Christmas.

So have you guys been getting all of my stuff? I have nothing else to do anyways besides write and read. No one to talk to, nothing to do except lay in a pool of sweat on my bed, and get massacred by bugs. The only thing that makes me mad is that our area is suffering like crazy. I am praying and trying so hard to straighten it out. I hope this Book of Mormon class helps. I know it will helps me to study it more, that's for sure. This week I have been studying like crazy on testimony because of what Riss said to me last week about sharing testimony. And how sometimes people have a hard time spitting out what they want to say. But you know I did not believe what she was saying I know her testimony is so powerful but how do I know her testimony because I have never heard her say it vocally. And it is because testimony is probably more than 75 percent the way you are and not what you say. People should be able to feel your testimony when you are around them. They should be able to know and feel that you love this gospel without you even having to say a single thing. You should be able to feel the love they have for God and I can feel that when I am with certain people.

That picture of Riss and Sarah is beautiful. This week we had primary program. Africans really can't sing and it was so unorganized. It was ill prepared. They are lazy.

Well we played bball this week and it was fun. For Riss, the area is not going so well and not to many people keep commitments. Everyone will say yeah I will come to church but no one comes. Hadji is doing great. Still giving members a hard time.

I am out of things to say. Know that I love you all so much, every one.

Love ya guys forever!

Love, Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment