Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, November 8, 2010

Just Call Me Hop Along

Hello family!
How was the week? Long time no talk. How is everyone back home? Mom, dad, family, Riss, her fam. Man everyone has been sending me spiritual stuff.  How is Brian, Sharon, Brandon?  I bet they are enjoying the lovely weather there as am I here.  The weather is joyous ~ like a gazillion degrees always and way humid. Something cool happens here even when there is not a cloud in the sky.  It rains! I think that this happens when it reaches 100 percent humidity and the water in the air just falls again. It's a good thing I love water cause I am always wet.
 
How is B and Amy and Mike and Sarah?  Dad wanted to know about politics.   OK, it is basically exactly how he thought. Obama is God and Bush is Satan. It is funny, you have to be careful what you buy because it might say I love Obama on it. I even asked some people why Obama is so great. You would love their answer.   You guessed it.   Because he is black is their answer. They don't know much about him just he is black. I wish they knew that he is spending the country into an oblivion.  I actually saw a paper once and I can't remember everything it said, but it had a picture of Bush and it said something to the effect that Bush has killed America. The article went on to blatantly lie to people. It is no wonder people have these crazy ideas.
 
Earlier this week something fun happened in a lesson.  We had this good lesson with our security guards and we were feeling the spirit and
everything was going just great.  We asked the guy to pray like we normally do after a lesson and we explained how to pray and he says I
will just pray how I know.   We said ok, whatever praying is praying.  NOT!!! He goes off with some song and I am about to break
up laughing the he scares me when he starts to scream and yell for his prayer.  Oh my, it was hilarious!  That went on for like 5 or more
minutes then he ended it. Turns out he is a pastor.   Another cool thing that happened was I taught a lesson to another pasor.  The lesson was good. I loved it.  And I had another lesson this week that was awesome too. This  said Satan is just working on me more than ever. I said ya, what is he doing, maybe I have some advice. Well to make a long story short she needs to be married to get baptized. And she is afraid that her boyfriend doesn't love her enough. She asked what true love was.  Immediately I knew I could answer her and I asked about her kids and how she knew she loved them. She told me she cooks and does things for them, they are her kids. And I said you know what I think true love is. When you are willing to give your life for the one that you love. When you are willing to put someone above yourself no matter what. I looked at her with a smile and I paused, I was fighting my emotions a bit cause I am a big wimp and I said I love a girl and I have realized that she makes me the best person that I can be and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I would give my life for her in a heartbeat.  I told her to find someone that she would do anything for!! 
 
So it's kind of weird to have the branch presidents counselor come up to me crying and say Elder Moss I need your help.  He goes on to explain this problem he is having with his daughter and he says Elder Moss, I just want to get some advice on what I can do with the situation.   He said, I have seen and have heard you teach about families and I know how you love your family and he said I want what you have.  I told him that the Lord has blessed me I have a amazing family and that is, the honest truth,  why I am the person I am today. I said this great gospel is how families can be the greatest. The conversation went on but I thought that was cool that a grown man would seek advice from someone like me.

Baptisms, hmm it was good this week I baptized a lady form Congo Town.  She is a nice lady but sorry to say, she is a little more to love haha.  Well a lot more to love.   She is bigger than me!! And to top it of there was about 3 feet of water, so get that picture in your head. People actually said I had super human strength. Africans are scared of water so they freak out when they go under but I put her under and
lifted up her whole body.  They said they said that I completely picked her up and set her on her feet. She was grateful and It wasn't too bad.

I finally saw general conference.  Oh man. that was so good.  I love Holland,  Oaks, Eyring, Uchtdorf.   Man, I love them all.   President Monson.   I sat in the chapel for over 8 hours watching it.   We watched all four sessions. It was good!
 
I got the package and letters I am going to go and read them tonight.  I have been doing food storage so I have so much food. So good or bad news first? The good news is I am 240 and bad news is I broke my foot. I would send a pic but I don't know if it will work. Any ways shhh I will get over it.  You know me.  I am tough.   The good news is I can still walk.

So I have decided I love Elder Jenkins.   He is so sweet.  I can't wait to chill with him someday.  He says we are going to be AP's together someday.  I laughed. 

Well. I think that's about it for me.  My head is going to explode cause I want to know what dad made me. I love you so much Mom.  I love Dad.   Family, I love all you guys.  If there is one thing I learned this week is that I have the best life.  I have an amazing family and the best girlfriend any one could ask for. For this trial is but a small moment. I know this church is true.   I know this work is hard but worth it. If I can help the Lord bring one soul unto him how great is His joy. For the glory be to God. My testimony is we have NOTHING to fear!!! God is at the helm. He will over rule for the good of His work. He will shower down blessings upon those who walk in obedience to His commandments. He will bless those people that "endure it well". 

I love you guys.
 
Love Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment