Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, November 1, 2010

Four Months Down!




Hello Family,

It is a new week and I am ready to go. So this last week wasn't too bad. It seems like it was really long but not too bad. I had the opportunity to meet with president for the first time. He really is a good guy.

So Mom, can you find Elder Jenkins mom. I love that guy, he is sweet! He is like my best friend here so you need to find his mom. So I am about 95% sure that I am going to get transferred next transfer, finally! I have been doing so much in our branch. Last week we had 3 baptisms, Emmanuel Jusu, Ezekial Toe and Ayuba Saffa. They are all pretty young kids but I baptized them all and I also did some confirmations and priesthood ordinations. Then after church I had to go and do a bunch of paperwork for the branch president for over and hour. It's ok though because class was pretty easy. I taught an easy lesson. Man I love the gospel principles book. It makes life so easy. I don't know why the branch pres asks me to help so much. I'm just a kid. I have to figure it out just like him. Oh ya, a few people are going to add me on facebook. One is the branch pres and the other is the first counselor, so feel free to talk to them. Thanks.

So I guess I should say Happy Halloween yesterday. People here do not celebrate witches and things that terrify them. They think it is real and they think that they can have spells cast on them. I can't tell you how many people think they are cursed, it's funny. They need to realize that satan can't be let into their lives unless they let him. We found this man, his name is Emanuel Tarpeh and he is way smarter than the average African, to say the least. He is very interested in the gospel and he has a wife and kids. We are teaching him and his daughter. Something interesting is he was contacted by missionaries in the Salt Lake mission by phone. He went to church for two weeks and we met him, taught him for a week and he has read over half of the Book of Mormon IN A WEEK. I can hardly do that. My plan is to have him baptized in just a couple of weeks then he can baptize his daughter. That would be so cool. So that is about the extent of my cool investigators except we are working with a man that used to run a brothel and we are working with lots of kids. Its crazy how at church no one sits together. It really blows my mind. So I am the wrestling champ of the mission, no one, I mean no one can beat me. Sometimes not even two can beat me!

Oh something else cool, you know that man that I punched? Guess what? He and his family are coming to church! I just remembered that cause I looked at my sleeve and saw the blood stain.

In my intervie, president and I established that Riss is an angel and I would do anything for her. He was saying though that I need to come up to her level. He said that if she decides not to wait it is probably because she lost faith in me and I am not working hard enough. So I am going to make sure that I work till I drop till i can't go any more.

So you liked the package and the song? Sorry my singing is bad. So I taught myself the piano. I am getting good so I will record me playing
Nearer my God to Thee and singing.

I saw this cool quote: It's possible to make home a bit of heaven. I picture heaven as a continuation of the ideal home. I want my home to be like that but it reminded me of the song:

Where is heaven is it far away?
I would like to know if its beyond the brightest star
Where is heaven? Will you show me the way
I would like to learn and grow and go there someday
Where is heaven is it very far?
When your with the ones you love its right where you are!

Where is heaven? its being at home with your loved ones. Man I loved that so much. I also like this poem:

The tree that never had to fight
For sun and sky and air and light
But stood out in the open plain
And always got its share of rain
Never became a forest king
But lived an died a scrubby thing
The man who never had to toil
To gain and farm his patch of soil
Who never had to win his share
Of sun and sky and light and air
Never became a manly man
But lived and died as he began
Good timber does not grow with ease
The stronger the wind the stronger the trees
The further sky the greater length
The more the storm the more the strength
By sun and cold by rain and snow
In trees and men good timber grow
Where thickest lies the forest growth
We find the patriarch of both
And they hold council with the stars
Whose broken branches show the scars
Of many winds and much of strife
This is the common law of life

Wow, I hope it's right! I just read that one day this week and it's what I remember. It is so powerfu, I love it. I hope that my email was a little better this week. I love you all so much. You guys have not even the slightest idea. Mom, dad thank you so much. I will owe you forever. I know you pray for me all the time and love and care for me.

Love Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment