Current Time In Sierra Leone

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello Family,

Things over here in Africa are going great!  Well my Sunday was just dandy except like all of our investigators were late for church.  We only had three investigators in Sacrament meeting then we had eight in our investigator class.  I guess I can't complain.  At least they came to church.  It is frustrating though when you have some people that you are teaching and you are expecting them at church and there extended family comes but not them.  I am like "hey where is Chris?" And they say, "Oh, he wanted to go to the Holy Ghost Arena church".   I say,  "what the heck man why aren't you making him come? He lives at your house."   Of course he is going to go to that church.   They have dancing there.  It's like a party all day and they call it church.  People will go to the churches that are designed around what will get the most people to come. That is how they make their money.  People are really coming to church though.  It was packed, almost had to open the overflow.  Church was good.  We had some good talks on missionary work. I can't wait till I am on the other side of that when I am a member missionary and not a full time. Although the blessings come from being a full time missionary sometimes your mind is just boggled and you just want to sit down and be with the people that you love and care about so much. To me, we have an awesome set of young men and woman in this church. It is crazy that's we can have 50000+ missionaries out in the field. It makes missionary work look easy but it is not. I commend everyone that makes it to the end. If I ever become a boss or an owner of a business where I am hiring people, I will look for if they have served a mission or not because, if so, I know that they have been put to the test.  So after church we had a baptism, Edith.   She is young, like thirteen.  She was baptized by her dad. He did good.   I had to teach him how to do the prayer and stuff but it was good. It's always good to see converts baptizing family members. Afterward, he came up to me and shook my hand and said,  Thank you Elder Moss for helping my family follow Christ.  The baptism ended and we were told we had coordination which is pointless to me cause the Nancy missionaries can do anything but we went anyway. It started out good until all they wanted was us to do was buy them food.  That is when I laid into them. I was like we are teaching every day.   With or without you, we will teach. We need your help.  I want you to join us because you want to help your Heavenly Father. I was like we don't even eat ourselves why would we buy you food.  After that some we went to our first bounced appointment.  Man I hate those so much.  So we went to our next one and it was good. He is coming along.  We teach in Krio which is hard because I don't really know it. But it is coming along.  Well that was our Sunday.  We came home,  made rice (big surprise) and it was not that great but oh well.   Oh, and something that I have decided is that me and Elder Merrill can sing so good together.  We sound amazing, if I do say so myself.
 
What else happened this week?  Hmmmmm Nothing too exciting.  I did scare the crap out of Elder Marveh, twice, now I have to watch my back, haha.  So the other day we finished eating our lovely bread and egg again, yum, NOT!  I wish there was something else to eat but I haven't figured it out. That's all I can afford. I remember when dad was saying that you better start liking top ramen and macaroni and cheese because that is what you will be eating for two years. Oh how happy I would be for that.  What I would give for a fine box of Mac and cheese.  Oh that would be soooooo good. I would be a happy camper, no pun intended. So after my lovely meal we planned for Saturday and we talked.   We were trying to figure out how old Kobe Bryant is cause nobody knows for sure here.   I say he is much older than people think. Then we sat and talked about how the mtc was and how we wanted to get out of that place so bad.  It was like a joke how bad we wanted to leave and now we just want to go back there.  Life was so much easier there.   We talked about how we felt and what happened right as we left and after we got set apart.   Man, I remember that day like yesterday.
 
Well, nothing big today.   Just did a lot of work at our apartment and now I am here.  Hope you are all happy and healthy.   I love you guys loads. 
 
Love, Elder Kevin
 


No comments:

Post a Comment