Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello family,

Things over here are going great. The work here is going great. We actually got some pretty big news over this last week. We should be getting somewhere in the ballpark of 30-40 new missionaries in addition to what we already have so that we can move the work farther ahead. We are opening up a few new areas in our mission and when I say opening I mean not a soul in the area is a member of the church. So it is really starting from the beginning. So whoever gets to go there is going to be lucky and unlucky at the same time.  That is an awful lot of responsibility for a couple of missionaries. I don't know if I will be involved with that or not but we will see what happens there.

This week we had some fun, weird things happen. I can tell you I am kind of getting tired of going on exchanges but I have to get used to it. So while we were on an exchanges, my drunk magnet kicked in because so many drunk people were just trying to talk to us.  We sat down and started to teach this family and as we are teaching them, here comes this drunk guy.  To my dismay, he starts talking to us and wanting to get to know us better. Well as we were teaching he keeps on insisting that he cannot read but he keeps quoting scriptures from the Bible.  So we would ask him "are you sure it says that?  You said you can't read".   I kept joking with him, asking him to read stuff and he would start to read and then he would stop and say I can't read sorry.  This guy was so drunk I was getting drunk from him breathing on me so I had to leave so I would not get drunk.

We had another lesson this week which was really crazy and heaven sent.  We were having bounces like crazy and I didn't know what to do so I decided that I would pray. I had a little prayer in my heart and immediately after I looked at Elder Merrill and said call Hadji and see if he is home. So he calls Hadji.  To make a long story short,  we went to his house to find out that his dad had died and no one from the church had visited him. He said if would not have come to his house that day he would not have got confirmed and he would have found himself a new church.  So always listen to the Holy Ghost.

So we had a another funny thing happen. One of our recent converts informed us that she is having twins -  two boys.  She told us that she wants to name them Moss and Merrill.   I got it on video so as soon as you send my other card I will send this full one. So I have had a few more things.  You remember me telling you about Foley, I baptized him on Sunday.  That went well and then we had a gazillion meetings on Sunday.  Man I hope I am never a bishop.  Anyway, talking about the baptism, it is crazy how much of a hassle it is to get some people to fill a font sometimes. But anyways, don't want to complain too much.
 
I love you guys so much.  Have a great week!
 
 Love, Elder Moss
 


No comments:

Post a Comment