Current Time In Sierra Leone

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year

Hello family,

Hmmm how should I even start out this letter. First off I guess you could say that you are lucky that I am writing. Because just as drinking and driving is bad, so is emailing family while mad. It is something that you just should not do while you are on mission. I am finding that each and every week patience is becoming a bigger and bigger word.  Oh and how my patience can be tested. So maybe I should talk about the beginning of my week before I get into the end because the beginning was alright.  My Monday was kind of garbage because I was trying to email you and it just did not want to go. You guys ended up just getting my emails all scattered and late. So I am sorry about that. But I was glad that I got to email you at the church, holy smokes, the internet is sweet there.  It is wicked fast.  Wel,l I say wicked fast . . .  it is still like dial up speed compaired to home.  But what the heck, this is Africa.

This week was crazy I tell you with all the celebrating that was going on. I did not know that the church was so apostate either but oh well. That is why I am here. The church had a Christmas end of the year party.   It was good.   Started out with food and a nice chastisement from the branch president about how girls need to wear shirts. Then it turned into dancing, uh ya.  Like dirty dancing. The 1st counselor in the mission presidency started to play music.   Like Celine Dion, Madonna and then it turned into fFifty Cent, ha, Eminem. So that was not good. The people here are nuts sometimes. Church was funny though because it is first Sunday and everyone was at church. They always rearrange the chairs to fit more on first Sunday. They people here can be funny. Well nothing else too exciting happened.  I went on exchanges with Elder Jenkins on New Years Eve and New Years Day. Ya, we enjoyed sparkling cider and all.   I shot him in the head with my cork. Haha.  We had fun. And we found out that the members were serving tea and bread for their party.  Man we have work, well not Elder Jenkins, not in Liberia any more.   I enjoyed Elder Jenkins apartment.  He has power all night so we had fans. But that brings me to my anger issue.  Uhhhhh last night I cracked my bedroom door because I was pissed and still am. So first off I am still here, nothing changed with me. But to top it off my only friend here in Liberia is freaking leaving to Sierra Leone. Ya, Elder Jenkins is leaving me. So now I am all alone.  At times when you think that it will not get any worse, just forget about it, because it will get worse and it has gotten worse. Same old companion, no one to talk to!  I am on the verge of shooting fire out of my eyes. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I must be doing something. I learned this week that if you keep your face towards the sunshine, the shadows will fall behind. And I remembered something Riss told me.  She said to pray for powers equal to your tasks not tasks equal to your powers. Right now prayer is key. When ever you think you have it bad, just think of me that will make you happy. I am in west Africa, with nothing.   No friends, just here working. Sometimes I feel I am not getting anything in return which is perfectly ok. I just wish that sometimes things would go my way, just sometimes.  I wish that I wasn't pushed so far all the time. I am sooo tired.  This mission is tiring me fast. I have another transfer to learn even more patience. I tell you I will be able to withstand anything ha. I guess I don't need to say more.  I don't want to complain anymore.

So I have slept about 7 hours in 4 days so I am feeling nice.   It seems I just can't sleep anymore. Unless I hear some angelic voice at night sing to me. I can listen to that all night. So how was your new year?  
 
Ok, one more funny thing.   Dad would appreciate this.   I taught a kid how to Chinese arm wrestle.  A branch missionary,  Man, some people are dumb.   He dang near knocked him self out.  I was rolling.   It was so funny!
 
This is all I have to say.   Riss, fam,  I love you.  I love you Caden.  I love you j dog.  I love you all.  Have a good week.   If you are ever down, think of me and the crap I go through.   Like not having water and not showering and no power. Love you guys.
 
Love, Elder Moss
 

No comments:

Post a Comment