Current Time In Sierra Leone

Monday, July 26, 2010

Our First Email from Liberia





Alright, how do I start. First off, this is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life!!! I don't know how to ever explain it to you guys. This world over here is crazy everyone is just trying to fend for themselves. They don't care about anyone else. I hope that you got some of my letters from the mtc. Sorry this is going to jump around tons. Well the mtc, not my favorite. I would get really homesick. I have found that when I sit around I get homesick. As soon as I stop doing things I think of home. I guess its cause I love you guys so much. I hope all is well there. I probably wont get a package for a month or two. So far I am under 270 now, haha but I guess that's a good thing. I still have things that smell like home and I love it. The temple in Ghana was cool but it is super small. The last time I did a session was with mom so it kinda made me sad but we got to do everything in there, that was cool. So it took me 3 days to get to my first area. Now my place is nice but every where else really stinks. Like 1000 million times worse than the cabin. It is terrible and smells really bad and uh idk it blows, but its the Lord's work. I had to fix the mission car so that we could make it here! Never worked on a Ford in my g's before but it works now. We finally made it. You have no idea how crazy African drivers are. It's so nuts. I think I might die so pray for that reason. My companion is elder Lowe, look up his mom. He is from up north. He is a cool guy and he is stoked cause we have, hands, down the best apartment! I will try to send pics next week. I am running out of time so I am soo sorry if this is short. Bucket showers, not fun I feel so dirty after I get out, eh it's so sick. Oh make sure emails get sent friday cause I will probably come in the mornings which is really early for you . I also have a video of us singing a poor wayfering man of grief. It is so good. We sang it in the mtc. Now we have learned all about the war and it was terrible. Our driver was in the war. He is crazy now. When I stepped off of the plane it was like I was on the other side of heaven. I honestly don't know how anyone could live like this. Sister Randall would literally die. We have lots of baptisms. We just committed people too, 18 or something. Ya i know haha. I need to stay busy but still counting down the days. Now church is hard cause I can't understand anyone so that makes it really hard. So I don't have time to send more emails but I do have time to send one, so sorry riss:( oh forward this to her please :) Thank you for everything that you guys do for me. I know that you pray for me everyday. It's just so hard cause you know how much of a family guy that I am so I miss you guys tons. Letters are the best. I dont think that you can send too many , so you should send them here as well as dear elder. My clothes will for sure get destroyed but I wont be able to stop that. Even though there are pictures on the internet , I don't think that they can even describe this place. It would take me a year to just explain this place to you. I love how that all of missionary work is based on families. The mission is, for sure, hard. I am growing mentally and shrinking physically. Oh well, it's my back up plan. Be one good looking dude in case Sherrissa is not around when I get home. Family is always number one. Never ever forget that. Please read alma 43:47. I think that's my spiritual thought.

Well I love you guys so much. How's every one? letters letters letters :) you cant send too much


I love you guys tons. I am doing my absolute best!! Stay together do everything together and remember me.

Love, Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment