Current Time In Sierra Leone

Thursday, July 15, 2010

FIRST LETTER HOME!

We received our first letter today. Here is some of what Elder Moss had to say:

The plane ride . . . UGH!!! So, so, so, so, so, so long. I had about the 3 worst seats you could possibly have. But on the plane ride from NY to Ghana I got to talk with a lady about the church for hours! We talked about how much I loved my family and how I can be with you guys forever. We talked about how I wanted to do the same with my future family. It was cool. I wish I would have had a Book of Mormon to give her.
When we got here, I stepped of the plane and was instantly sweaty! It was gross! Then we had to wait forever for rest of the elders to get here. After that these guys kept trying to take our money. It was crazy. AFRICA!! It is possibly worse than you think. Super, super hot and no a/c. This place is a dump just like the pictures. It is really bad. But what can you do but just share the gospel. I can't understand anything that anyone says. It kinda stinks but, oh well, I will learn.
Thanks for the pictures. (we had made him a small photo album and put it in his backpack for the flight over). I love them. Thanks for everything. I will write again soon. It makes me feel better. I love you loads.
Love, Elder Moss
PS Send lots and lots of stamps (that's if you want letters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment