Current Time In Sierra Leone

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Visit with Elder Dickson


Ala-humdudilia!

Hello my family. The week hmm, it is going ok I guess I could say. I am just very concerned for our investigators. It is not fair to them to have people teach them that do not get along. Like I have been saying, true conversion cannot take place without the spirit. It does not matter how much knowledge I have in the scriptures, if the spirit cannot touch their heart. I seriously don't know what else I should do. I try serving him. I try doing everything that you guys say to try, but it just blows up in my face. For example, this week I tried to talk to him one time while walking to another appointment. Bad decision on my part, that was for sure. He started to yell and scream at me in the street. I was so embarrassed that all I could do was say sorry. So that is where I am at with that. I told Elder Massey to tell president to change us. I couldn't take another transfer with him. Regardless of the problems I am having with him, the week was alright. I am going to send videos home soon. I have really been working on them. They should be great. You guys can see that I am a playful, crazy kid still. I have decided that I want my name to be Shiek It means smart man and it is a really powerful name.

So this week I think I will tell you about how marriage works here. Oh my gosh, it is funny. So this guy was explaining how you marry. When you do what they call the traditional marriage, you pretty much just buy your wife. But this guy was explaining to me how you get a divorce. Haha. Oh my heck, it is so funny! He basically explained that you take the woman back to the family and you tell them you don't want her any more you and that they can have her back. Wow, how would you like to do that. I wouldn't. It was so funny.

Earlier on in the week I had the experience of someone asking me if I could help cure his diarrhea. What the heck, do people think I am magic or something. I have no idea. And, really, who has the nerve to walk up to a random person and ask that. All I could say is he must be really desperate. Idk, regardless, it was gross. So not very many funny stories other than that this week.

You guys are expecting to hear about me singing huh? Well it wasn't all that great, it actually made him have tears in his eyes it was so bad. Just kidding. You know me, if it is not perfect, forget it. And it was not perfect at all. I sang it and recorded it. I will send the card home soon.

So I have decided that I will let Riss do all of the baking. I fixed my oven, haha fun! I found out that it was the knob. So I fixed it and guess what I made? Cookies. The peanut butter ones from Riss and I know that they would have been much better having been cooked by her. We didn't have a pan so… we kind of used a piece of the oven. Needless to say, I burnt the first batch. The second was semi burnt and then….. I did what any man would do . . . I ate the cookie dough cause I didn't want to risk burning them again haha.

Well I don't have a whole lot to say except Elder Dickson is a stud and that is the truth! Just I really don't want to sing for anyone any more. It is too stressful. I just don't think I am good at it. Although Elder Dickson came up to me and said, "Elder Moss, thank you that. It was awesome! Keep singing. And make sure you let your mom know that you can sing" Whatever, haha. Anyway, that's that. I love you guys so much.

Oh, LOVE THE I-POD!!! It is awesome. The m & m's haven't been eaten yet, but I am sure they are good. And I can't believe bang man. Skin and bones! Someone feed that man! Also, it makes me sad that people think I don't love my mission. I do LOVE my mission!

Love you so much family. Love you Riss.

Love bobana aka Elder Kev Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment